Best Practices for Call Blockers like Robo Killer

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Best Practices for Call Blockers like Robo Killer

Postby bum783 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 pm

As these call blocking apps like Robo Killer and Jolly Roger are gaining in popularity, I imagine many call centers like ours are having to deal with them. I was wondering if anyone has implemented any good practices for handling these calls.

We are an Injury Law Call Center dialing Text Verrified Leads created by online surveys, so for the most part many of these potential clients do want to get the call. The problem is we do not create our own leads therefore there can be a delay between the text verification and the dial. By the time we dial them it might just look like a generic telemarketer.

Currently we use localized ANIs in a 5 ANI rotation so we are able to get calls through at some point they will answer, BUT in the meantime 1 out of 5 calls get those fake answer recordings, which really impacts the agent productivity time.

I wonder what best practices can help avoid these calls from being blocked in the first place. I also wonder if there are any AMD settings that can stop these from getting to the agent. AT the very least I think this might be a good discussion to have
bum783

Re: Best Practices for Call Blockers like Robo Killer

Postby mflorell » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:05 pm

mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bum783 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:56 am

Thank You so much this was a great watch. Ill be meeting with my boss and IT team today to look at the autorotate feature today. Thank You again
bum783

Postby bum783 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:00 pm

SO we implemented the rotator today. Kept dials under 200 and less than 5 minutes for each CID. This definitely made a difference overall, BUT apps like Robokiller still somehow got us. There is a CID look up for Robokiller where would plug in our CID to verify it was clean, then as we dialed the CID we would keep refreshing Robokillers search to see when it went from clean to blocked. In most cases it was less than 1 minute and less than 100 dials. We aren't using any kind of soundboard. These are live agents calling text verified leads, so there aren't any bad phone numbers. Even rotating the CID out every minute still ended with it being on the robokiller blacklist every time. Whats odd is it says no reports and neutral reputation, so why is it getting blocked? I'm not sure how this app is able to peg us as a telemarketer so fast. It is really bothersome because of the pre recorded messages that trick the AMD. (We are using KHOMP). The rotator might help keep us off the carrier block list but the apps are still blocking us 10% of the time with new DIDs. Does anyone have any insight into these apps? Any good tactics that are getting around them, and does anyone know how long a DID stays black listed on Robokiller after it is Blocked?
bum783

Postby bum783 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:42 am

Nobody has insight? We cant be the only ones getting crushed by Robokillers fake answers.
bum783

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:18 am

The apps are a black box, no idea how they work, and if you do figure out how they work they can change without notice at any time.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:42 pm

* Verify you are calling real numbers.
* Verify your Shakn/Stir score is the best it can be.
* Verify your caller ID Name is not a random string (especially if you're in canada).
* Before you begin your Test Run, consider either dialing only one phone company at a time (to see which one rats you out) or at the very least avoiding cell phones entirely.

And get back to us in this thread.

Call centers working within the rules should be able to call without being blocked by robokillers. Just have to find out what the rules are and who the players are.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion