copy, clone quancept CATI dialer with asterisk and vicidial?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

copy, clone quancept CATI dialer with asterisk and vicidial?

Postby marmu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 am

Hi guys,

just wanted to ask, if someone already copied / cloned the quancept CATI dialer. Maybe you did that directly for your company or for an external client. If you got any experience to share, any chat is appreciated :)

We are trying to replace Quancept with an asterisk based solution. Now working with Vicidial, which I can't get to work right now. I'll keep on trying, but switching to another predictive dialer which is based on asterisk is possible. GNUDialer perhaps?

Cheers,
Marcus
marmu

Postby Michael_N » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Ok are you replacing entire quancept including interviewersoftware or just thier dialer?
Michael_N

Postby Michael_N » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Limesurvey could be used with vicidial.

i dont know if that would cover your needs?
Michael_N

Postby Op3r » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:39 pm

You can just contact the Vicidial group at vicidial.com to help you set up your vicidial properly :)

I usually run to Matt and guys from vicidial group to customize what ever I needed.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby marmu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:51 am

Ok are you replacing entire quancept including interviewersoftware or just thier dialer?

we want to replace both. The Interviewing part is covered by a colleague, I am responsible for the dialer part

Limesurvey could be used with vicidial.
i dont know if that would cover your needs?

no, we want to avoid webbased solutions. therefore we are only interested in vicidials predictive dialing capabilities.

@Op3r: contacting the vicidial group and describe the problem to them would be an option, of course.

any experience using other dialers, for example GNUDialer, elastix or OSDial?
Last edited by marmu on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
marmu

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:49 pm

GnuDialer does have it's own forum, have you asked there?
http://gnudialer.com/forums/
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:49 pm

what specific list of features do you require, i'd bet if you posted them here you'll find that it has ALL been done by one or several posters. :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby marmu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:14 am

GnuDialer does have it's own forum, have you asked there?
http://gnudialer.com/forums/

will ask there now. But GNUdialer seems to be kind of dead, am I right?

what specific list of features do you require, i'd bet if you posted them here you'll find that it has ALL been done by one or several posters

At best, all features of the quancept dialer ;) ok, seriously we want a predictive dialer we can "fill" with numbers to dial. It should be as slim as possible and deliver as much info about the calls as possible. Further we need fax detection (analog and digital), AMD (answering machine detection) etc.

The whole call center GUI stuff isn't interesting. We are working with oldschool terminals and this won't change for years.
marmu

Postby Michael_N » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 am

vicidial does recommend use of sangoma cpa to do call amd detection.

the inbuilt amd is not that good.

how much have you looked at vicidial to see if it fits your needs?
Michael_N

Postby marmu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:09 am

vicidial does recommend use of sangoma cpa to do call amd detection.

thanks for that hint. just looked it up at the sagoma website. you mean the "NetBorder™ Call Analyzer: Call Progress Analysis Engine"?

how much have you looked at vicidial to see if it fits your needs?

looked into it as much as I could until now. I came by vicidial because of searchin for an open source (and free) predictive dialer for asterisk. It seemed well known, feature rich and capable of everything we need. And to figure that out, I thought I should install it and try it.
marmu

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 am

marmu wrote:
what specific list of features do you require, i'd bet if you posted them here you'll find that it has ALL been done by one or several posters

At best, all features of the quancept dialer ;) ok, seriously we want a predictive dialer we can "fill" with numbers to dial. It should be as slim as possible and deliver as much info about the calls as possible. Further we need fax detection (analog and digital), AMD (answering machine detection) etc.

The whole call center GUI stuff isn't interesting. We are working with oldschool terminals and this won't change for years.

ok specifically: you want a predictive dialer which is "slim"?!? and gives "as much info"?!?. Define Slim. Define the info you want about the calls.

Fax detection! that's new. I've never had that request before. AMD of course is already in Vicidial, but for the good version check out the other posts on this site regarding AMD hardware. Not cheap, but good. We just use the AMD software Stock with vicidial.

Anybody out there detecting faxes with asterisk? Hm. Have you searched for this? (you aren't requesting fax capability, just fax detection, right?)
williamconley

Postby Op3r » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 am

Use the sangoma cpa. Heck it can even detect a ringback tone.

As for my experience with it, my asterisk died when we tried it like last year and the client just scrapped it. Im still trying to get my other client to get it big time :D
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby jepps3 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:38 am

How do you patch Vicidialnow 1.3 with the CPA? I only have instructions for ViciBOX and the directories there are different.
jepps3

Postby williamconley » Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 pm

ouch per channel license and "call for quote"

how much is it?
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Wed May 05, 2010 8:04 am

It starts at $180/channel(which I know I have mentioned before), not bad for a proprietary system, but a bit expensive compared to the cost of ViciDial(which is free of course). But it does work quite well and we have set it up for several clients so far.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion