Yet another time zone question(Time Windows)

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Yet another time zone question(Time Windows)

Postby Acidshock » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Is there a way to do multiple time windows in a campaign? If not does anyone know of any nice hack to do this? Basically I have a campaign that hits well during certain times on certain timezones then there is a gap of time where its pretty well dead before starting up again later.

Example:
10-1 PST then break for a while and resume PST at 3:30.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

I was thinking state time rules but it only allows one state rule to be assigned by state.
Acidshock

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 am

You could do it using shift enforcement with the User Groups of the agents that log into the campaign. You can set as many time windows as you want and force the agents to be logged out outside of those windows(they can't login outside of them either).
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Acidshock » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Thanks Matt.

However would this allow for only certain timezones to be called in the campaign during a certain time? Basically I just want to bias my calling to certain timezones during different time windows since my data is pointing to an increase in success when calling these timezones during certain times. The problem I run into though is that there are multiple start and stop times for each timezone.

Best regards,
Acid
Acidshock

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:34 pm

call times only have one time window per day. We have had client use filters to do what you are trying to do and it does work. They are a bit complex and these clients had very specific terms that would not work for anyone else due to their custom data, but it should be possible.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Acidshock » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Any recommendations? The only way I can think of doing this via filters is by using multiple campaigns with different calling rules. Filter's can only accept SQL correct? I am no SQL genius but I cant think of a statement complex enough to figure out what time it is currently and only load those leads.
Acidshock

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:39 pm

You can use SQL time-based statements in MySQL. For instance "NOW()" is the current timestamp, and here are dozens more time-date related MySQL functions and examples of how to use them:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... tions.html

I have used some of these before, but unfortunately I do not have the actual SQL of the example one of our clients used to do their time-based targeting.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 pm

cool use of the "IN" function (ie: i want to call if the time zone value is IN this list of time zones AND the present hour is IN this list of values)

i love sql :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion