Campaign VDAD

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Campaign VDAD

Postby Astevens » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Drops all calls using 8369 VDAD ext.
Last edited by Astevens on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astevens

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 pm

what am i missing?
i'm not actually all that clear on what you are asking
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

REFUND?

Postby Astevens » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Is there a way
Last edited by Astevens on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astevens

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 pm

funny you should ask, i've never regretted buying it. and i've sold over 40 systems.

but i don't think that was your original question.

honestly, you have come to a place where the "help" is free (volunteers). and you should be concentrating on sharing as much detailed information in a coherent fashion as possible to help a volunteer get you where you need to be.
williamconley

but i don't think that was your original question

Postby Astevens » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Sir,
I respect your knowledge about this. And yes I'm the new guy on the block.
Last edited by Astevens on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astevens

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Fair enough.

Let's try again: The reason I posted that I wasn't clear on what you are asking was just that. The phrase "it's not working" ordinarily causes me to suggest that the user remember that this is not a brake shop, and you did not just hand me your keys: the brake shop will pretty much assume your BRAKES DO NOT STOP THE VEHICLE OR THEY MAKE A HORRIBLE NOISE.

It's not working, in Vicidial, has often meant "I have no idea what I'm doing", "I push the B button and it does C", "I have no dial tone", "I have one way sound", just about anything.

So let's start with:

You have made What Changes, expecting What Result, and your results were What instead?

Please avoid pronouns such as "it" and generalities like "work", replace those with the answered line is hung up, or the answered line has a 10 second delay and then is put through to an agent in the wrong campaign.

I prefer to read through the CLI AFTER I know what I'm looking for (I have a LIMITED amount of "Free" time to apply ... and am personally AMAZED that Matt has ANY free time for the forum considering the volume of business Vicidial generates!)

In addition to that, you truly should share (in your cool signature) your METHOD of installation (with which you are intimately familiar, having done it a dozen times), and statements as to whether this is the only software installed in the box, any telephony hardware is installed, or your cluster configuration (or standalone).

These things have been known to seriously impact and/or identify freaky/erratic behavior as well as specific functions not behaving as they should. (Not to mention it will be good google fodder for the Next Guy who wants someone to help him solve THIS problem for free, which is even more helpful).
williamconley

???

Postby Astevens » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks,
Your reply is about what I expected.
Last edited by Astevens on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astevens

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 pm

I know it's frustrating, but you have to have the patience to explain what you want to accomplish. I still have no idea what you are trying to do.

I generally have to "Quiz" those who don't speak English well enough to express what they are trying to do. I have ascertained one thing quite well: You are intelligent and speak English. Perhaps a bit short tempered and impatient, but capable. Tell me (or "us") what you want to do, and if I'm still online I may be able to help. Or someone else will.

You've posted CLI, you've stated that you've tried and tried. You've stated that you have reinstalled a dozen times. But I still do not know the basics of what I need to help you:

What are you trying to accomplish, what have you done, and what was the result?

I can see you are making some sort of effort at AMD, but beyond that, I've no clue. And no time to read through the CLI and see if "that's it, you're just trying to make AMD detect and hang up on calls" or something more sinister or less involved, or what. No time to guess, I have sleep to get some time this year! LOL

Spell it out, man!
williamconley

Return to General Discussion