Question regarding clients

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Question regarding clients

Postby slydder » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:53 am

Hello,

I am currently looking for a solution for an In/Out-bound CC. I want a central server/PBX and clients (thin) that require a keyboard, mouse, monitor and headset.

Am I currently correct in thinking that vicidial will fit my needs?

Thanks,
chuck
slydder

Postby mflorell » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:38 am

VICIDIAL requires only a web browser(Firefox preferred) on the Agent side as far as computer programs goes, and we have done tests with VNC thin clients and they worked well. In these tests the thin client server was separate from the VICIDIAL server and we never had more than 10 thin-clients connected to it.

We were using hard phones so I cannot tell you if using softphones through a thin client would work, but I think it would be rather stressful on the thin-client server to have many audio streams going through it while also running several thin-clients.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:22 pm

Yea you would probably run into some issues with audio quality. You could have a live linux distro on cheap boxes. I don't recommend on-board sound cards at least from my experience primarily with realtech on board audio chips the microphone is quite weak.

-enjay
enjay

Return to General Discussion