Dropped Calls

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dropped Calls

Postby enjay » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:19 pm

If Vicidial is unable to dial a number due to lack of available lines and it fails out with a congested or unavailable would that be considered a dropped call as far as the VDAD reports go?

My configuration has 2 servers

Server 1 - 2 Local PRI's 1 LD circuits

Server 2 - 2 LD circuits

The servers utilize each others circuits so I cannot set the VICIDial trunks without losing out on available lines.. That being said when only 47 local lines are available and each server figures it has 48 lines vicidial ends up trying to dial 96 lines are all the lines that it cannot call (due to lack of lines) considered drops?

hope this makes sense ;)

Thanks!
enjay
enjay

Postby mflorell » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:56 am

The number of lines to dial out by VICIDIAL is configurable in the servers table(astguiclient/admin.php). As for the status if it fails out, that depends on how it fails and if the call was logged before it fails which usually depends on your carrier, sometimes it will stay as a NEW and sometimes it will be logged as an NA, it should not be logged as DROP.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:13 pm

I assume you mean that MAX VICIDIAL Trunks, Yes I can define that however if I have for instance 20 agents. 10 agents connected to server A 10 agents connected to server B. Only Server A has local lines when each server is dialing a local campaign they assume they have 48 lines (a PIECE) to work with so instead of dialing 48 lines TOTAL they dial 96 lines. You know what Im saying?

-enjay
enjay

Postby mflorell » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Not sure how to handle that one. What we did in that case was to get Long Distance service on the Local lines so that we could dial LD on all trunks, then we just segragated te local-only calling to a single server.

Not sure how I would handle your specific issue since there is no easy way to restrict a type of trunk within VICIDIAL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:02 pm

yea isolated some of the channels off into another context and have those dedicated to local (corporate calling).
enjay

Return to General Discussion