Multiple Servers Setup Question

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Multiple Servers Setup Question

Postby xxttxxtt » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:41 pm

Hi, First off I would like to thank you guys on the great work you guys have done with the Managers Manual. It was very detailed with great screenshots.
Great Work! I have a couple questions with my setup that I am in need of help/advice with.

1.I have 4 servers that all have seperate functions. PHP, MySQL, Asterisk, and Vicidial. I cannot get my configuration right on how to set It up to work correctly with each other. Can someone help me out with detailed info on what to set in conf files and among other requirements to get it working like if it was all local? My setup has zaptel cards in asterisk & vicidial machines but Im going strictly VOIP no PRI only SIP & IAX trunks.

2.I have another small all in one setup that I would want to Direct all inbound calls to. Whats the best way to integrate it without a performance hit that would lag the calls? Should I use fwd # 's and dial to the small setup from the vicidial as remote agents of should I connect the two setups through an IAX connection?

And again thank you for your time. You guys did a wonderful job with the program and development of it.
xxttxxtt

Re: Multiple Servers Setup Question

Postby mflorell » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:16 pm

xxttxxtt wrote:1.I have 4 servers that all have seperate functions. PHP, MySQL, Asterisk, and Vicidial. I cannot get my configuration right on how to set It up to work correctly with each other. Can someone help me out with detailed info on what to set in conf files and among other requirements to get it working like if it was all local? My setup has zaptel cards in asterisk & vicidial machines but Im going strictly VOIP no PRI only SIP & IAX trunks.

Take a look at the LOAD_BALANCE.txt file. It has some examples on how to handle multiple servers. In our experience with 4 servers you might be best off having two Asterisk/vicidial servers and then a dedicated MySQL server and a dedicated Web server.

xxttxxtt wrote:2.I have another small all in one setup that I would want to Direct all inbound calls to. Whats the best way to integrate it without a performance hit that would lag the calls? Should I use fwd # 's and dial to the small setup from the vicidial as remote agents of should I connect the two setups through an IAX connection?

An IAX connection between the servers would probably be the best in terms of performance, then all of the call handling and agent routing is done on the all-in-one server and the VICIDIAL server is just acting as a passthru. It is kind of hard to be sure without a more detailed description of everything you are trying to do on all of these servers.

And again thank you for your time. You guys did a wonderful job with the program and development of it.

Thank you very much, I've been working on this for three years and it has grown into a great package in that time, and will get much better in the next year.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion