backup and restore of vicidial impact on realtime screen

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Postby striker » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi

vicibox ubutnu version VERSION: 2.4-254
BUILD: 100512-1615 | single sever | no pri cards | no extra software

Using the backup script i took the backup of the vicidial database only ie:asterisk
but i took this backup while the calls are flowing.

and i restored the backup file to another machine in which goautodial is installed.."not upgraded to any svn"
without any problem it restored and all the leads and users campaigns are there.
but in realtime screen it still displaying live calls , logged in agents , 1 calls ringing ,1 active calls.
but no body is logged in and calls flowing in asterisk cli.
i waited for long time and pressed go button several times still its showing the same.

how to recover this so that i can use the backup when system crashes.
striker

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:38 am

You should try not to do backups when calls are being handled on the system.

Just delete everything in the vicidial_auto_calls table and see what happens.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:08 pm

i've seen many systems that had "cleanup" on restart (cleaning out the auto calls table, checking to see if the sql tables required repair, etc).

if you clean up the system (and record your steps) your restore machine (and for that matter your production box) would be able to "repair on restart", which may be required anyway.

But beware of the "hit" on the system by attempting to backup while calls are in progress (even if it is only a sql backup).

if you need to see what needs "cleaning", of course, a first step would be to compare a restored box (from a machine IN OPERATION) to a running box WITH NO CALLS PRESENTLY, but capable of running. Whatever steps it takes (live tables mostly) to "clean" the restored box to run just like the production box would be a good place to start. But if this is for disaster recovery, you may want to add sql table auto-repair to your startup along with an auto-rebuild-conf setting for the "servers" (just change the value of "rebuild conf files" to yes) so that all will be rewritten which could clean out any bad conf entries or corrupted conf files.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby striker » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi william

i have done the restart but the still it showing the same status

but any how i took a backup after the main system restart and restored that works great no issues

thanks for your support
striker

Return to General Discussion