voice broadcasting

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

voice broadcasting

Postby richmac » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:20 am

hi all,

Please give me advice about voice broadcasting.

We are dialing US and to be implemented the voice broadcasting. We are non-profit business organization.

My question is:

1. Is it ok if we will implement this voice broadcasting in US?
2. And Is really required the dtmf on voice broadcasting?

Thanks so much.
richmac

Postby richmac » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:23 pm

hi all,

by the way im using:

vicibox redux 3.0.3
VERSION: 2.4-280
BUILD: 100912-0842
asterisk version 1.4
no sangoma cards
richmac

Postby williamconley » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm

While I do not offer legal advice (none of this information is warranted in any way) and I'm sure this website has a similar policy, I can share what I know:

First of all ... YOU are a "non-profit" business, or YOU are a telemarketer who is soliciting charitable contributions? (telemarketers can NOT use automated systems, even if soliciting charitable contributions! http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/02/broadcastteam.htm)

1) you cannot make calls to wireless numbers and play a recorded message. So you'll need to find a way to remove ALL wireless numbers from your outbound calling list

2) if you call numbers that happen to be on the National Do Not Call List and someone complains, you will NEED to have all your ducks in a row (non-profit status handled properly, etc) or you could easily end up in the same boat as the linked company above ($1 Million Fine!)

3) DTMF is not required technically, but you will have no way of knowing there is a human on the line unless you are using Answering Machine Detection technology. This can get expensive and bothersome, leading to complaints ($1 Million Fine!)

Your best bet is to begin at the lawyer's office. Seriously. Until you KNOW you can legally do it, you're wasting your time. :)

3) if you
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby richmac » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:42 pm

hi williamconley,

Thanks for the informative response. We will thoroughly review this voice broadcasting law before we implement.

Thank you so much and more power!.. :)
richmac

Return to General Discussion