Manual vs Autodial, simple 1 to 1 power mode wanted

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Manual vs Autodial, simple 1 to 1 power mode wanted

Postby abostick » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi,

I am running VERSION: 2.2.1-237 BUILD: 100510-2015 on Centos 5.5.

When I Manual dial, the lead information loads right away on the webpage and you hear ringing etc.

When I am in any Autodialing mode, customer information only loads when a call is answered. Leads that ring time out, etc. do not show up.

My question is, is it possible to setup a simple 1 to 1 ratio mode between agents and calls where they do not have to click to dial like in Manual mode, but where they still "hear" every call even if its ring no answer, disconnect, etc.

For example, they choose a disposition on their current call and hit submit, then the call information for the next lead immediately loads and they hear the ringing etc without having to press anything else.

Anyone run like this? Can it be done?

Thank you,
Aaron Bostick
abostick

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:00 pm

If you use HotKeys in MANUAL dial mode you can have the call auto-launch after dispositioning through hotkeys.
mflorell
Site Admin

Great!

Postby abostick » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the hot keys and it works very well.

On a side note, why wouldn't this be the default behavior from the disposition screen itself when not using hot keys since there is a pause check box on the disposition screen already?

Probably because I am the first to ask for it? :)

I will see if I can implement this myself and submit a patch unless there is a good reason not to.

Thank,
Aaron
abostick

Postby mflorell » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 pm

It's not the default because most of our clients that do that kind of dialing would have problems with agents burning leads that way. Using hotkeys does not have that problem.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion