Agent search for lead

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent search for lead

Postby Acidshock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:36 am

Is there a way to have an agent able to bring up lead information based upon an id such as the lead ID? IE for inbound call campaigns where say a mailer went out and there may be ID number on the mailer. That way the person can bring up all the information about the lead, etc.
Acidshock

Postby Alexvs » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:38 am

This would be really useful if available as we currently have to use a webform to our CRM database if a customer rings back on a number we don't have instead of the number we dialled. When this does happen the agent launches the webform, enters the phone number which brings up the ID and name but they then need to email me the details in order to update the status or remove them from the dialler. If an agent could search within the vici lists and update the status themselves this would make sure people who don't want to be called again don't get called.
Alexvs

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:42 am

One issue to consider in this is that you would be giving your agents full edit ability for your entire database.

On the technical side, there are many issues with the fact that a call has a lead_id assigned to it before it ever goes to the agent, so the lead_id would have to be changed mid-call which would involve quite a lot of reprogramming.

One solution to this that a few of our clients have done is to allow the agents level 8 access with only search and edit leads permissions enabled, allowing them to have the phone number populate in the Lead Search page in an IFRAME in the SCRIPT tab so they can go through the ViciDial database and search/edit any found records.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Alexvs » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:56 am

Thanks for the response that's made my mind up and it's not a huge issue for me as I'd rather be doing it the way I am then give them full access as can cause far too many issues with so many doing it.
Alexvs

Return to General Discussion