vicidial pause issue

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

vicidial pause issue

Postby ylem » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi,

Agents are in PAUSED status while still making/receiving a call. checking with our servers, bandwidth or any packet losses on the network has no issues on it.

what i'm suspecting is that we are using VLANs and servers are in different subnets with the agents. any word on this?

Vicidial: VERSION: 2.4-254|BUILD: 100512-1615
Asterisk: Asterisk 1.4.27.1-vici i686 running Linux
Server: Intel Xeon X3220 @ 2.40GHz with 4MB Memory
ylem

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:02 pm

you should always post your installation method as well as your vicidial version. (ie: the name of your .iso and/or linux distro and kernel if not using vicibox or goautodial).

also please describe the issue clearly ... as I read this (correct me if i'm wrong): your agents are pushing the pause button (and successfully pausing, with a "Pause" status in the Realtime monitor and on their agent screens), but still receiving calls from your outbound campaign while in this paused state?

If this is true, you may wish to show some relevant logs from /var/log/astguiclient (such as ... activity generated by pressing pause/resume)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ylem » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:10 pm

No, the agents did not push the pause button. After receiving successive calls for an outbound campaign for more than 10 minutes, agents PAUSED status started. they need to logout and log back in for them to received calls.

Vicidial: Linux vicibox 2.6.27.45-0.1-pae
Asterisk: Asterisk 1.4.27.1-vici i686 running Linux
Server: Intel Xeon X3220 @ 2.40GHz with 4MB Memory
ylem

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:20 pm

you're getting closer ... but there is no linux vicibox 2.6.anything.

Vicibox is then the name of the installer. Your version would be in your splash screen when you log on via ssh (and of course was in the name of the .iso image you burned to the install CD).

2.6.xxx is likely your kernel. And your OS would be determined by your vicibox version (Vicibox 1.1.0RC2 was Ubuntu, all the rest since then are Vicibox Redux which is OpenSuSE).

So your agents are "being kicked out". What exactly is the error that shows on their screen (if any)?

Usually this is a communication issue between the agents and the server. This can be from a low-bandwidth connection or too much usage. Are your agents in the same physical facility as the server? Do you have agents doing other things than vicidial?

The circuit in use for vicidial should have NO OTHER TRAFFIC on it. Especially things like Youtube, facebook, myspace, limewire, or any form of audio/video over the net (media player radio is stricly prohibited).
williamconley

Postby ylem » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Vicibox Version: Vicibox Redux i686-0.1.9, hope this will be the correct version you are looking for.

about the agents and the servers, i'm using the vlan and they are on the different subnet. our vicidial servers is on 192.168.10.xxx while our agents workstations is on 192.168.3.xxx. this might be the cause of the issue? since i'm not seeing any load and our bandwidth is enough for our agents.
ylem

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 pm

vlan ... subnet ... are they in the same physical facility?

it's not just about "having enough" for the agents. my point is that one agent on facebook can "hammer" the bandwidth for 5 second and lock up the entire system. *poof* you're offline. but all the web browsers seem to work ... however, the packets dropped during that 5 seconds can cause the agents whose packets were dropped to be "paused".

so (humor me) try it for a day with NO OTHER NETWORK USE. just vicidial. no web surfing. no uploads. no downloads. agents OR managers OR owners. and see if any agents are paused. :)

trying to help: I have been called to local offices to resolve this very issue, at our emergency pricing which is NOT cheap, portal to portal with a 30 minute drive each direction ... just to shut off ALL non-vicidial internet upon arrival (after giving this same advice) ... and then, two hours later when there are still NO AGENTS PAUSED, I hand an invoice to cover the time spent and go back to the office.

:)
williamconley

Postby ylem » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:01 pm

yes, they are on the same physical network.

actually i used squid to blocked all those non-work related sites but probably there are something on their computers that run like add-ons on web browser etc...

:D nice shot!

thank you.
ylem

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm

are the agents accessing the vicidial system through a single squid? or are they accessing "the world" through the squid and vicidial direct?

for a test ... shut down the squid until an agent gets paused. if it doesn't happen ... you can narrow it down more later (but at least you are productive!)
williamconley

Postby ylem » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:18 pm

thank you so much!
ylem

Return to General Discussion