More than three phone numbers for a lead?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

More than three phone numbers for a lead?

Postby darryldale » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:36 am

We have a collections campaign where we could potentially have half a dozen different phone numbers that we would like to try to reach the client at.

Right now we don't have a lot of collectors so the campaign is set to manual dial. I have configured the third address field as a phone number and they can pick the two alternate numbers to dial for the lead.

How would I go about having it so they could dial more than the three numbers without having to manually key the numbers? (my first thought was to just put the numbers in the notes and have them dial them but there must be a better way).

Darryl
My system specifics:
"Vici Express Box" purchased from ViciDial

Came loaded with:
ViciBox Redux v3.0.5
ViciDial 2.4-283 build 100929-1203
Asterisk 1.4.27.1
OpenSuse 11.3
Kernal v2.6.34.7-0.3-pae
darryldale

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:51 am

For auto-dial you can use Extended alt dial numbers which allow you to have up to 65,000 phone numbers per lead. But this feature does not work for manual dial. To load these extended alt-dialing numbers into the system you have to use the non-Agent API or the CLI/FTP lead loader(not the web-based lead loader).
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:56 am

and having the system set to auto-dial is still preferred, even if you only have ONE collector.

if your agents get used to using manual dial, it can take a complete "employee reload" to remove the bad habits learned.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby darryldale » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:56 am

I am already using the ftp loader so that shouldn't be an issue.

Looks like I'll have to look into how to make auto dialling work in our small environment to use the other numbers then......

Darryl
My system specifics:
"Vici Express Box" purchased from ViciDial

Came loaded with:
ViciBox Redux v3.0.5
ViciDial 2.4-283 build 100929-1203
Asterisk 1.4.27.1
OpenSuse 11.3
Kernal v2.6.34.7-0.3-pae
darryldale

Postby williamconley » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 am

In the end, it will work better. Have a look at your stats ... number of clients talked to, total talk time (vs total time in the office). You'll find that auto-dial keeps the agents talking to prospects much more than manual dial does.

This may be a blessing in disguise, since now you can honestly tell the agents that 4 #s = autodial. No choice. Sorry. 8)
williamconley

Re:

Postby saulortega » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:36 am

mflorell wrote:For auto-dial you can use Extended alt dial numbers which allow you to have up to 65,000 phone numbers per lead. But this feature does not work for manual dial. To load these extended alt-dialing numbers into the system you have to use the non-Agent API or the CLI/FTP lead loader(not the web-based lead loader).
Hello.

Where i can put the file with the extended leads via FTP?

I need to do some additional configuration after?
saulortega

Re: Re:

Postby williamconley » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:39 pm

saulortega wrote:
mflorell wrote:For auto-dial you can use Extended alt dial numbers which allow you to have up to 65,000 phone numbers per lead. But this feature does not work for manual dial. To load these extended alt-dialing numbers into the system you have to use the non-Agent API or the CLI/FTP lead loader(not the web-based lead loader).
Hello.

Where i can put the file with the extended leads via FTP?

I need to do some additional configuration after?

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Vicidial will reach out to an ftp server and grab them. So you put it on any ftp service vicidial can get to. Or you put it in the appropriate folder (LEADS_IN, if I recall correctly). In either case, command line execution of the CLI lead import utility is necessary. It is in the /usr/share/astguiclient folder and documentation is included in/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/docs. You can also get a summary of the options by executing the script with "--help" after it.
williamconley

Return to General Discussion