Active Twin Server?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Active Twin Server?

Postby Op3r » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 pm

I was looking at the help page of the new SVN VERSION: 2.4-306a
BUILD: 110310-0311 and I notice there's an Active Twin Server box.

The help page says "Active Twin Server IP - Some vicidial systems require setting up vicidial servers in pairs. This setting is where you can put the server IP of another vicidial server that this server is twinned with. Default is empty for disabled. "

This left me a little bit stumped. Any idea on what might this be? If it is what I think it is, we can run a parallel vicidial/asterisk on the side and if ever the first box crash we can use the second box without reconfiguring?
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:42 am

This is for an agent-server/dialing-server pair, which is required for full Oraka compatibility. If the agents are manual dialing and the dialing server goes down it causes problems. This feature allows for the validation that both are up before agents are allowed to log into the agent server of the pair.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 am

Oh ok thanks!
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Re: Active Twin Server?

Postby ramizuabhalim » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:59 am

Hi Matt,

Follow with your explanation about active twin server IP is one of the Oreka Compatibility and requirement. I have follow the step as per Oreka given to me, however, i have issue when i login using agent server got this error " Sorry, your phone login and password are not active in this system, please try again: ".

Is this need to set the phone setting on vicidial to the dialing server or agent server? I tried set phone to dialing server, it showed the error as per above and when i try point to agent server, it can login the agent page but i'm not sure my configuration is correct or not. because on the Oreka it self cannot detect the IAX from my server.
I need you advise on this?

Thanks in advance.

2-Web
2-Database
6-Dialer

Vicibox 10
VERSION: 2.14-838a
BUILD: 211217-0732
ramizuabhalim

Re: Active Twin Server?

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:07 am

The agent phone login should always use a phone on the agent server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion