Answering machine detaction in vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Answering machine detaction in vicidial

Postby rudra_ach » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:30 am

Hi Dear,

How to enable Answering machine detection in vicidial.If the dialer detects an answering machine it should disconnect the call as per my need. I’ve installed all the files and patch during asterisk installation but still it is not working. Any body please help to enable this feature.

Is there any clue for fax machine detection ???

Thanks
rudra
:(
rudra_ach

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:41 pm

what do you have your VDAD Exten set to in your campaign detail screen?

what exten is the AMD line in your extensions.conf at?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AIRAM » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:02 pm

Also add the following line in the AST_SERVER_conf.pl file:

$AST_ver = '1.0.8'

or

$AST_ver = 'CVS'

this second line is in the case you installed asterisk from CVS. This is in the FAQ as a solution for the autodialer not working but I've noticed that it also affects the AMD.

Also if you are behind a NAT and using SIP termination you will run through hell trying to make this work is better just to use IAX termination for this.
AIRAM

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:19 pm

AIRAM wrote:Also add the following line in the AST_SERVER_conf.pl file:

$AST_ver = '1.0.8'

or

$AST_ver = 'CVS'

this second line is in the case you installed asterisk from CVS. This is in the FAQ as a solution for the autodialer not working but I've noticed that it also affects the AMD.

That's strange, I don't see how that would effect AMD. Do you have some Asterisk CLI output showing a difference in some way?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AIRAM » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:35 pm

Well this apply if you are using Asterisk 1.0.8 or later which is the most likely to be used (sorry for the asumption there) but this is related to the fact that on asterisk 1.0.8 there was a myor change on the way local channels were handled by asterisk itself.

About CLI output I don't have any since I had those problems on previous test servers which have already been reused and I just input that line by default on my new servers configs.

Besides you don't get much difference as far as I remember. I think that might be due to the fact that most of VICIDIAL scripts have verbose of by default.
AIRAM

Postby rudra_ach » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:43 am

mflorell wrote:what do you have your VDAD Exten set to in your campaign detail screen?

what exten is the AMD line in your extensions.conf at?

Hi Dear,

Thankx for the replie.

In VDAD Exten It was 8365.I've changed it to 8369 and VMD seems to work.But I've gone through the extention.conf file.There was a number 8320.As per the coding it seems that it works for VD(voice detection) plus it also play a customise file when it detects a voice message.I've such kind of requirement.Is this extention work like this??

Any idea how the fax detection works in vicidial.

Thankx for the help

regards
rudra
:P
rudra_ach

Postby mflorell » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:25 pm

the 8320 exten is for leaving a message on the macine if it is detected. That's what the Answering Machine message and AMD Send to VM exten: fields are for in the campaign detail screen.

As for Fax detection, it could cetrainly be added. We have not had a need for it, but since there are a couple of fax detection apps in Asterisk they could be used like the AMD app is used. Just put it in a exten set like 8320 and replace the silence detection.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion