vicidialnow

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

vicidialnow

Postby omer_prince » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:02 pm

what is vicidialnow
omer_prince

Postby Op3r » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:40 pm

It's the former name of goautodial an autoinstaller of VICIDIAL.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby williamconley » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:53 pm

VicidialNOW was the original .iso install package for Vicidial (before the Vicidial Group came out with one if I recall correctly).

VicidialNOW will install Vicidial and all required packages on CentOS (with a few additions specific to VicidialNOW). It is not supported by The Vicidial Group, but does have a pretty interface. It is also several years old.

GoAutoDial is the "Upgrade" of VicidialNOW (I've never heard why the name changed, although I'm sure it's a fun story).

Vicibox (now Vicibox Redux) is the same concept, only published by Kumba and on OpenSuSE which IS supported by The Vicidial Group (the original Vicibox was Ubuntu, but is several years old and no longer supported). These do not have the GoAutoDial pretty agent interface (but that interface is not compatible with the latest SVN code of Vicidial). Vicibox Redux also supports clustered (multi-server) installations without having to use the Poundteam Multi-Server manual (although it's still handy for troubleshooting).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Op3r » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:53 am

Ahaha

When we started vicidialNOW, we used the name for the autoinstaller with a permission from matt since I am a partner for asia and pacific. Then we named the corporation to vicidialnow initially and changed it to vnowinc. I left the company and my partners mark and demian separated also. Mark retained the company vnowinc and demian started goautodial. Since he is also the lead dev for vicidialnow he then renamed it goautodial.

I usually hang out in goautodial office. although technically I am their main competitor for VICIDIAL here in the philippines it does not stop me from drinking their free beers lol. This is what I love being on the open source scene. Business does not affects your personal lives.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby williamconley » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:19 pm

insight. excellent. i never knew! :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby gardo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Yeah! Op3r drinks all the beers he can in our office. :lol:
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo