Vicidial dialing methods

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial dialing methods

Postby tele9825 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 am

I had a few questions on my vicidial. Currently I am using vicidial as a hosted solution through a company. Compared to other dialers I have used, vici has not been running the way I had hoped. I only have 8-9 agents logged in at once so I use ratio dialing. I can only use a 4:1 ratio at max. (A constraint placed by the hosting company.) I find myself waiting between 20-40 seconds depending on how beat up a campaign is and how good the leads are. Sometimes agents can wait up to a minute. This is unacceptable for me. First off let me say I do not care if I strictly follow the 3% drop rate because if I do my wait time will be horrible. Is my problem that I only have 4 lines dialing out per agent? Vici only dials an agents lines if that agent is ready. If the dialer is dialing 4 lines and then the agent gets a call, the other three lines for that agent are temporarily disabled until the agent is finished with the phone call. I believe that is why vici is running in bursts for me. There will be periods where no one is receiving calls so all lines start dialing out, then everyone gets on a call and lines stop dialing out and then it goes silent for a period of time. That is not how dialers have ever ran for me in the past. Do you know if there is a way to set those lines to continually dial regardless of whether or not the agent is in call or ready? Or can it be reprogrammed to do that? I believe this would decrease the average wait time dramatically.

Any help I get is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks
tele9825

Postby mflorell » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:15 am

Sounds like you want to change your campaign "Available only tally" to "N". Have you read the Vicidial Manager Manual? Have you considered having your own dialer or moving to a hosted provider that does not have that ratio restriction? (I know vicihost and several others don't)
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion