Vicidial and vicidial group and goautodial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial and vicidial group and goautodial

Postby bghayad » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Dear All;

I am using asterisk and need to use outbound dialer and really caring for the below 3 things and I need advise to know which can support (if it supports):

1) When the call will happen, we need to hear at the phone what is happenning (if it is ringing, or it is busy tone or answer machine or fax detection).

2) While calling with the customer, if the call disconnected then I need to resume the call, so the next call should not come until I decide to move for the next call. But after certain time, if I did not move for the next call, the next call should come automatically.

3) All of those things to be reported.

Now, if I need to do modification (ability to modify) and ability to Integrate with the CRM (other than vtiger .. we have our own CRM), can we do this? Using an APIs or using the source code?

What to use? Vicidial or GoAutodial or Vicidial group? Actually I am not able to determine exactly the difference and when to go for this.

Note: Asterisk already installed with its Digium card.

By the way: All of those open source?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:19 pm

http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... highlight=

this contains a difference between goautodial, vicibox, and vicidial (all of which are open source and free). vicidial is the actual software, vicibox and goautodial are the two installable .isos.

but if you already have asterisk installed, both the .isos will wipe your existing installation clean and start over (so it's not a bad idea to copy all your configuration files now so you can refer to them if you need).

vicidial will only run on asterisk 1.2 or 1.4 at present, so if you've installed on a later version, the configuration files may not be exact, but still helpful.

the situation(s) you describe can all be done by a standard vicidial installation, your best bet would be to install vicibox from vicibox.com with the pdf from that site, and upon completion use the manager's manual from EFLO.net for Vicidial to completely configure the system ... do all the tutorials and get your system fully functional and you will already have a system capable of everything you have described. Including reporting functions.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion