CID lookup on extension based dialing

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CID lookup on extension based dialing

Postby fistan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Hello,

This is my first post so hopefully i dont mess something up. I did buy a flame retardant suit just in case...

First let me say I love vicidial. Everything is working well. (although i did crash our old phone companies multi-tenant thirdlane server) Now im just trying to customize it, as it is not only my dialer but my pbx as well. I saw the post about the AGI script to allow for agent extension dialing. I was able to add it to my dialplan.

agi-AGENT_route.agi

However it seems (from my meager knowledge) that this script is not looking the callers information up in the database. Is there anyway to make this happen?

It also ran another script uppon completion VDAD_ALL_INBOUND I think. Which was putting me into a general voicemail instead of the AGENTVMAIL option in the agentdirect ingroup. Now sure why or where i even told it to send calls to that vmail. But thats moot unless i can get extensions that are dialed to search db for caller data.

Right now I have extensions dialed through the dialplan then going to voicemail.

exten => _7XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}|25|)
exten => _7XX,2,Goto(default,85026666666666${EXTEN},1)

It's very difficult having to do everything through the gui. I've read the managers manual for the most part. Most of what i've been doing there isnt much data that i can find out there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Fistan

Vicibox 3.1.12 from .iso | Vicidial 2.4.-338a Build 110923-2043 | Asterisk 1.4.38-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation
fistan

Postby mflorell » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Here are the instructions(just the comments from the top of the script):

#
# agi-AGENT_route.agi version 2.4
#
# for use with a Call Menu in the custom dialplan section or as an AGI route.
#
# ; settings for this script:
# ; 1. DID pattern to use for In-group initiation settings ('default' is default)
# ; 2. the agentdirect in-group to send the calls to ('AGENTDIRECT' is default)
# ; 3. transfer only to ACTIVE in the system agent or vicidial LOGGED_IN agent
# ; ('ACTIVE' is default)
# ; 4. prompt for user ID, if this is filled in with a filename it will ask,
# ; otherwise it will assume $extension is the user ID
# ; 5. number of digits required for user ID validation, X will allow anything,
# ; this will only be enforced if "prompt for user ID" prompt is populated
# ; 6. audio filename for invalid selection, agent not available ('invalid' is default)
# ; 7. audio filename for invalid user id re-enter prompt, agent not available
# ; 8. number of retry attempts to enter a valid user ID
# ; this will only be enforced if "prompt for user ID" prompt is populated
# ; 9. in-group to send the call to if there is no valid agent, if none is
# ; defined, then the call will be directed to 's' exten
# ; 10. audio filename before sending call to no-agent route
# ; 11. audio filename before sending call to no-agent route if agent active but
# ; not logged-in to vicidial
#
#; example in CallMenu AGI route with all options
# "agi-AGENT_route.agi,default---AGENTDIRECT---LOGGED_IN---if-u-know-ext-dial---X---invalid---please-try-again---3---TEST_IN3---pbxtransfer---outside-transfer"
#; example with 4-digit agent IDs
# exten => _XXXX,1,AGI(agi-AGENT_route.agi,default---AGENTDIRECT---ACTIVE)
#

The first field, DID-ID is where you define the DID that the script will take In-group search parameters from(like CIDLOOKUP, etc...).

As for voicemail, you will have to explain exactly how you set it up as well as agiout logfile output of what happens.
mflorell
Site Admin

Thanks.

Postby fistan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:51 am

So pardon my ignorance if this is a simple question. Not knowing the options i went with default for the DID-ID. Would the options be the same as section one of agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.agi?

You need to put lines similar to those below in your extensions.conf file:
# ; Below are the parameters needed for the script to be run properly
# ; 1. the method of call handling for the script:
# ; - CID - CID received, add record with phone number
# ; - CIDLOOKUP - Lookup CID to find record in whole system
# ; - CIDLOOKUPRL - Restrict lookup to one list
# ; - CIDLOOKUPRC - Restrict lookup to one campaign's lists
# ; - CLOSER - Closer calls from VICIDIAL fronters(and previous in-group calls)
# ; - ANI - ANI received, add record with phone number (based on RBS T1s)
# ; - ANILOOKUP - Lookup ANI to find record in whole system
# ; - ANILOOKUPRL - Restrict lookup to one list
# ; - ANILOOKUPRC - Restrict lookup to one campaign's lists
# ; - VID - Add record with Vendor Lead Code received as argument 12
# ; - VIDLOOKUP - Lookup Vendor Lead Code received as argument 12 to find record in whole system
# ; - VIDLOOKUPRL - Restrict lookup to one list (argument 12)
# ; - VIDLOOKUPRC - Restrict lookup to one campaign's lists (argument 12)
# ; - VIDPROMPT - Prompt Vendor Lead Code to User with IVR to add record with Vendor Lead Code
# ; - VIDPROMPTLOOKUP - Prompt Vendor Lead Code to User with IVR to find record in whole system
# ; - VIDPROMPTLOOKUPRL - Restrict lookup to one list
# ; - VIDPROMPTLOOKUPRC - Restrict lookup to one campaign's lists
# ; - 3DIGITID - Enter 3 digit code to go to agent
# ; - 4DIGITID - Enter 4 digit code to go to agent
# ; - XDIGITID - Enter X digit code to go to agent(variable, i.e. 9DIGITID, 12DIGITID, etc...)

Thanks again. It figures that the answer was right in my face. Again, I love VICIDial. You made a great aplication built onto a great platform. Looking forward to further releases.
fistan

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

They should be very close, but the ALL_inbound AGI script doesn't need to be configured in the dialplan directly anymore due to the web options in DIDs and Call Menus.
mflorell
Site Admin

you are a genious

Postby fistan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Ok so ive tested it. Without even trying you solved my issue with the other agi script. What was happening is it would do the agent direct script. Then it would go through the ALL_inbound agi script uppon completion.

You said it didnt need to be modified as all changes take place through the did section of inbound. So i checked the did inbound and low and behold it was set for the general mailbox.

So call comes in and dials through to agent.

Agent is unavailable so it looks through all_inbound and finds a mailbox to deliver the call to.

Once i deleted the general mailbox and left it blank it now knows to send call to AGENTVMAIL from the AGENTDIRECT ingroup.

So you solved both issues. Thank you again. Have i mentioned that you guys rock.

Thanks again Matt,

Fistan
fistan

Return to General Discussion