Where do you get your leads?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Where do you get your leads?

Postby spacejanitor » Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am

Curious to see where people get their leads, for those who actually work with ViciDial beyond installations and maintance.

Do you have a favourite provider or cheap source for random-digit dial lists by country/region?

Do you have a different source for specific targeted lists, such as by some demographic?
http://www.MarketResearchTechnology.com
We are the leading users of ViciDial, LimeSurvey and Drupal in the market research industry. We're also a lead provider- contact us.

Cluster Installation, ViciBox Server
VERSION: 2.6-372a
BUILD: 120713-2123
spacejanitor

Re: Where do you get your leads?

Postby williamconley » Mon May 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Every room has their own method of acquiring lists. The likelihood of any sharing the source of those leads is very slim. As with any other business, it's all about "where do you get your customers" and sharing that information is tantamount to a bankruptcy filing.

That being said, I've heard of several willing to share data with NONcompeting rooms, but then only on rare occasions (and generally only with those they meet in person so they Know they pose no threat, and they never share SALE leads!).

If you "generate" random numbers, I hope you adhere to the "No calling" (DNC) requirements of the area you are calling. That leads me to another item that allows generation of leads using an automated system that's fairly good at generating leads that are actual numbers (the danger of generating random numbers is that often the numbers are simply not assigned to anyone ... and your VOIP Provider will terminate your account or surcharge you to death if you continually dial nonexistent numbers!). We have a system that can generate mostly "dialable" numbers fairly accurately. Just do NOT dial them sequentially. LOL
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Michael_N » Mon May 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Are you talking about marketing reasearch ?

If it is a specific list you need ask your client to provide your numbers.

Or else just do some cold calling, just with selektion on zipcodes so it gets statistically correct.
Michael_N

Postby Vince-0 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:04 am

In my country there are lots of choices for contact data vendors.

As far as I can tell, enforcement on contact information security here is way more relaxed when compared to the rest of the world. Contact information laws in South Africa allow list vendors to do credit bureau look ups on identification numbers for credit vetting and contact information. This is all correlated and profiled for a specific target market depending on the type of campaign and its constraints. The security of this information is hardly enforced by law so the smaller players get away with a lot. The powers that be are introducing personal information security laws around the handling of personal type data but these things take time here. There is no central DNC list that is enforced here.

The contact ability of the data that goes into the contact center, particularly for outbound sales, has the greatest effect on campaign efficiency.
Vince-0

Postby spacejanitor » Tue May 29, 2012 6:41 am

Yes, I was talking more about market research leads in this case :) I dont expect those in sales roles to be giving those up.

What I would be referring to is more like targetted lists. For example do you have favourite vendors to go to for targetted sample, like people aged under 30 in Wisconsin, or low-income housing areas... or even just a list of random phone numbers by state.

Ive used SSI for cell phone-specific lists, for USA, for example.

Ive also used ListGiant for getting a list of hospitals in Canada and the USA - however they are quite pricey.
http://www.MarketResearchTechnology.com
We are the leading users of ViciDial, LimeSurvey and Drupal in the market research industry. We're also a lead provider- contact us.

Cluster Installation, ViciBox Server
VERSION: 2.6-372a
BUILD: 120713-2123
spacejanitor

Postby GaD » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm

The more targeted the sample the more expensive it will be. I do not know where we get the leads, to be honest, but they are pretty pricey. If you want Latin American numbers it is yet MORE expensive..., don't even mention the Caribbean Islands. Those are SUPER expensive and not good quality (in our experience). Latin America might as well get phone books and start generating your own sample files...... ;) You could write a parser to get sample off of online White Pages, which we've done before. It is a pain in the A*5, but very much worth to save those thousands of dollars you'd be paying to get those numbers from a vendor......
GaD

Return to General Discussion