Calls take a lot of time to connect

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Calls take a lot of time to connect

Postby B.lee2 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Hello ,

I have a problem is that calls take a long time to connect. I use grey VOIP lines, some calls will connect almost automatically while others will take 30-40 seconds or more.

I understand not all calls will connect but other people have also been telling me this is abnormal.

Also, I tried with the auto dialer on the "ADAPT_HARD_LIMIT" mode for the first 15 minutes, but it seems to make no difference, no matter what number or level I set it to, when I go to the CLI, it shows that it's only dialing one line at a time. How is it supposed to work exactly? Will it pick up speed after a certain while once it gathers data from average call length/other variables/etc?

Thanks for the answers.
Vicibox Redux v3.1.14 from iso | Vicidial 2.4-355a BUILD 120118-2113 | Asterisk 1.14.39.2| Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | No clue what the motherboard is | Intel Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 Ghz
B.lee2

Re: Calls take a lot of time to connect

Postby spacejanitor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi B.lee2,

What is grey voip lines? Is that the name of your carrier?

What is your Asterisk CLI output for those calls that take longer to connect? What do you have set as your DROP seconds limit?

Seems like you are diagnosing multiple things at once here as well, with the "only 1 call going out at once" problem...
http://www.MarketResearchTechnology.com
We are the leading users of ViciDial, LimeSurvey and Drupal in the market research industry. We're also a lead provider- contact us.

Cluster Installation, ViciBox Server
VERSION: 2.6-372a
BUILD: 120713-2123
spacejanitor

Postby Michael_N » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 pm

spacejanitor wrote:Hi B.lee2,

What is grey voip lines? .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White,_bla ... rey_routes
Michael_N

Postby Michael_N » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Have you tried ratiodial?
What is your Maximum Adapt Dial Level ?

And how many trunks have enter in admin/servers?
Michael_N

Postby spacejanitor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Michael_N wrote:

What is grey voip lines? .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White,_bla ... rey_routes

Ah, got it. Thanks Michael_N
We are the leading users of ViciDial, LimeSurvey and Drupal in the market research industry. We're also a lead provider- contact us.

spacejanitor

Postby B.lee2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 am

What is grey voip lines? Is that the name of your carrier?

What is your Asterisk CLI output for those calls that take longer to connect? What do you have set as your DROP seconds limit?

Seems like you are diagnosing multiple things at once here as well, with the "only 1 call going out at once" problem...

My carrier is future nine.In the CLI,At first glance, there doesn't seem to be anything different then with a single normal call, they just take an awful long time to connect.
What do you mean by Drop seconds limit? I found a reference to "Drop call seconds" in the campaign detailed view and the manual, it is set to 5. The drop percentage limit is at 3%. Are one of these it?

I couldn't find a reference to "drop seconds limit" in the manager's manual.

And yes, you are correct... These are actually two different issues I am trying to address and perhaps I have miscommunicated the problem. The first problem is that the calls are taking a long time to connect, the second is that the predictive dialer is not dialing fast enough.

Micheal wrote:Have you tried ratiodial?
What is your Maximum Adapt Dial Level ?

And how many trunks have enter in admin/servers?

I tried ratio dial and it actually worked as expected. Max adapt level is 3.0. I didn't check the number of trunks while I ran the test, I will run another one tommorow and see what shows up.
Vicibox Redux v3.1.14 from iso | Vicidial 2.4-355a BUILD 120118-2113 | Asterisk 1.14.39.2| Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | No clue what the motherboard is | Intel Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 Ghz
B.lee2

Postby spacejanitor » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:17 am

Sorry, I meant "Dial Timeout" for the call. That is the amount of time the call will ring before it gets treated as a no-answer and hangs up.

spacejanitor

Postby B.lee2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Ok thanks for the explanation... the dial timeout is 60.
B.lee2

Postby GaD » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Dial timeout of 60? Wow..., that is quite a lot! I use dial timeout of around 25 to 30. What that number means is how much time will the system ring a phone before considering it a No Answer. If you are calling the USA, 30 seconds would be around 7 or 8 rings, with this math you would think that 60seconds would be like 16 rings....

Try setting this timeout lower. It should help you a lot....!
GaD

Return to General Discussion