How to copy recordings to FTP Address

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to copy recordings to FTP Address

Postby asajeel » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:21 pm

How to do this... step by step guide will be highly appreciated as i am new on this platform. thanks

Step 1:
Run an automatic script everyday at 7:00PM

Step 2:
Find calls recordings on daily basis from the following path cd /var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE/GSM/

Step 3:
Make a directory on daily basis date-wise on Client's FTP Server and copy all the recordings in that folder on daily basis

For Example, Client's ftp information is as follows..

FTP Server Address : 202.111.211.22
User Name: abc
Password: abc123

Help from anyone would be highly appreciated. thanks

Kind Regards,
Sajeel Ahmad
asajeel

Re: How to copy recordings to FTP Address

Postby GaD » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Look into the /usr/share/astguiclient directory:
AST_CRON_audio_3_ftp.pl
AST_CRON_audio_3_newftp.pl
AST_CRON_audio_4_ftp2.pl

Modify as needed. You may only need one of these......
GaD

Re: How to copy recordings to FTP Address

Postby asajeel » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks for the guidance! need more and deeply help please as i am new.
1) Can i create my own .pl file which will have only my code for easy remember?
2) How to add a command in /etc/crontab which execute daily at 7:00Am in the morning (Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat)?
3) I am going to use "AST_CRON_audio_3_newftp.pl". What changes i need to do in the file that help my job work correctly?

Code: Select all
/usr/share/astguiclient/AST_CRON_audio_3_newftp.pl --no-date-dir --gsm --ftp-host="202.125.14.2" --ftp-port=21 --ftp-user="abc" --ftp-pass="abc123" --ftp-dir="RECORDINGS" --url-path="172.25.55.22/RECORDINGS/GSM" --transfer-limit=50 --list-limit=200 --campaign_id="Test123"

a) what does "url-path" means? which path i need to mention here? in above code, i have set a recording path of my local server. Am i correct?
b) the above code is showing that it will create a directory named "RECORDINGS" on ftp server. code "--no-date-dir" means not creating any directory on ftp server. How to copy files on ftp server by creating directories by date-wise? can you please mention a code as an example?
c) i've change the format from mp3 to --gsm in above code? will it work?
d) how many files can i copy on ftp server at a time at a scheduled time? what is the code for that?
e) what is meant by --transfer-limit=50 --list-limit=200 ?

Please help me step-by-step. thanks

Thanks in advance
Sajeel Ahmad
asajeel

Return to General Discussion