VICIdial for MARKET RESEARCH

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIdial for MARKET RESEARCH

Postby MarketResearch » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:25 pm

We are a Medium Size Market Research Company with about 300+ seats.
We're wondering how others in the community who are utilizing VICIdial for Market Research are customizing and configuring their environments.

We have our own in-house developed Web Based Surveying Platform which is launched as soon as an agent answers a call.
Quotas and Lists are managed by our Surveying Platform in that once a quota is met the list is closed on VICIdial.

It would be interesting to find out what other adjustments and configurations for Market Research others have made...
MarketResearch

Re: VICIdial for MARKET RESEARCH

Postby Trying » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:21 am

I know somebody integrated Limesurvey with Vicidial and he promised to share his code but he never did. Maybe do a Limesurvey search in the forums. I still believe the integration will be beneficial.
Vicibox Redux 3.1.14 64 bit
Asterisk: 1.4.39.2-vici | VERSION: 2.8-433a | BUILD: 140411-1434
Sangoma A102D/E1
Servers: 1 x Database; 1 x Web; 6 x Telephony; 2 x Archive
Outbound and blended ratio 3:1 with full voice recording
No additional software
Trying

Postby GaD » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:13 am

We tried Limesurvey 'integration', but it failed miserably... :( Our surveys are not so simple to program I guess, but we couldn't really send all the variables to Limesurvey so it would process them accordingly.... :(
GaD

Postby MarketResearch » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 am

Has anyone made any customization's regarding sample/list management?
How do you handle your quotas?
MarketResearch

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am

The Limesurvey integration was really just to link to a Vicidial record by lead_id, not to synchronize records.

As for market research, our clients that do it use their own custom add-ons to manage the leads, usually making heavy use of the non-agent-API.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby GaD » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:01 am

For simple surveys Limesurvey works like a charm, but there are times were we need to 'import' fields like agent name or zip code from the Vici. Although it may be possible to do this with Limesurvey documentation really sucks. We tried contacting a few companies that offer implementations and support for Lime but we were not very succesfull in getting responses back and stuff.... We're now working with a propietary software company that will help us implement their system with the Vici and 'integrate' them both via agent and non-agent Vici API.
GaD

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

It's fairly normal for open source free mysql/php based software to be rather poorly documented. Because any php/mysql developer can reach in and modify the code. So any business owner who has one of those handy can get any changes made to any software for a tiny fee compared to full implementation of proprietary (one time fee vs ...?).

We have implemented a couple survey solutions for clients ranging from fully automated to a "Custom Fields with Answers" solution inside Vicidial. In all cases, the ease of reaching into the Vicidial table for data has been very helpful. Even the Custom Fields are easily dealt with because of the entry list id field (so we can always find the table with the data for this lead, even if it has moved from list to list a few times).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby GaD » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Yeah, I know that open source php/mysql stuff is poorly documented. Since anyone can pretty much do anything with the codem many features can get added to a system and not be documented appropiately. I would kinda' expect, though, a little better documentation, but I'm just grumpy and wish that the world would have a user's manual (or at least a 'World for Dummines' book for that matter...). I do appreciate the open source community and all, but unfortunately documentation is something that is lacky in this world of programmers.... ;)

I have used the 'Custom Fields' a lot, but one thing that gives me a bit of a battle is that these fields are associated to a single list, If I had to add another list I would have to re-create those custom fields which can sometimes become very 'worky-worky'!
GaD

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:59 pm

custom fields can be copied from one list to another quite simply. matt put in a copy button!
williamconley

Postby GaD » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am

Buajajaja! Am I really that scatterbrained??? Jajaja...., I had not seen it there! ....sorry... :D
GaD

Postby williamconley » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:25 pm

75 posts and you finally made a mistake. LOL
williamconley

Postby GaD » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh..., trust me..., I've done TONS of 'em already! Jeje.... Matt could point out a few already as he has responded to some like "Read the manual..., it is there!" ...and eventually it is... I am very..... "special" when it comes to details..., jeje. Too scatterbrained!
GaD

Return to General Discussion