Low volume

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Low volume

Postby B.lee2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi,

Right now, my voice is not projecting well when I am doing outbound calls. I almost have to yell to make myself heard.

Is it possible that it is due to misconfiguration or is it the headsets? I use the microsoft MSN headset which is extremely cheap (22$). Which brand would you recommend if the headets/microphone are the cause(if possible available at retail stores)? I don't have tons of money unfortunately.

Also, a strange thing happened the other day, I received an inbound call. The other person could hear me perfectly well, but the echo was so bad on mine that I couldn't make a single thing,but when I listenned to the recording, the voice of the other party was crystal clear.

After 30 minutes, the issue resolved by itself. :shock:
Vicibox Redux v3.1.14 from iso | Vicidial 2.4-355a BUILD 120118-2113 | Asterisk 1.14.39.2| Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | No clue what the motherboard is | Intel Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 Ghz
B.lee2

Re: Low volume

Postby williamconley » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Try a walmart microphone and cheap headset that doesn't even have a mic.

Also consider a USB non-microsoft headset. The question is whether the workstation can handle the "load". I note you have a P4 for your server ... what do you have for the workstation?

What was the load on your server during this time? (available from top/htop/uptime)

How many calls were live at that moment? (I do not refer to how many you made that day, but how many were live at the moment you experienced the difficulty)

Excellent job posting your specs, by the way. :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion