Agent waiting even if the call is in queue

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent waiting even if the call is in queue

Postby ivschakravarthi » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:22 am

Hello,

Vicidial 2.2.1 ,asterisk 1.4.15,single server, Centos5.5 ,No telephony card,No cluster
The above is my configuration.

I have around 20 agents and at point of time 10 agents will be logged in and will be ready to receive the call.
At any point of time we will be having 30 calls waiting in the queue for the agents.
I have set wrap up time value [time duration gap for the agent to receive the next call] is 0 secs [previously it was 1 sec ].Now i have changed to 0 secs.
But now the issue is ,once if my agent dispositions a call ,his status will be changing to closer state[able to see in real time report screen].
I have calls in the queue and agent is remaining in the closer state and the queue call is not routing to the agent immediately.
Agents is remaining in the closer state from 0 secs to 45 seconds maximum and time is varying every time and is happening for all the agents.
In Agent performance report,i can see a wait average of 5 to 9 seconds for each agent and this is effecting my agents performance and leading to increase in my drop calls percentage.

In mysql there is no process list and load on the mysql is very less and i cleared all the data and just kept the data for the current day.
Can any once suggest me on it.

Regards,
CHAK
ivschakravarthi

Re: Agent waiting even if the call is in queue

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) A few hints for forum beginners (primarily because you did not list the required vicidial build number or the installation method, so you must be new here!):

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) It is possible you have an overload situation (especially if you are on a virtual machine). But I've never heard of agents becoming closer instead of ready. On the other hand, you never mentioned if these were closers, so it could be simply that they are not allowed to receive the calls in queue or that many of these callers are listening to the "message" and cannot transfer to an agent until the message has completed. Many possibilities, requiring a more in-depth description. So: inbound or outbound calls? multiple ingroups? are the agents closers/fronters or just "READY" converted magically to "CLOSER" after terminating a call?

4) Best advice: Upgrade to the latest version of Vicidial (presently in 2.6 developer trunk and stable or 2.4 latest stable release). Vicibox.com is the recommended installer, but you can also upgrade "in place" via the SVN How To in the wiki at the top of this page.

5) Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ivschakravarthi » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Here are the answers for your some of the queries.

Setup is an inbound setup and the calls in the queue were of inbound type and agent is capable of making outbound calls but no agents will be doing outbound activity and it is enabled for emergency purpose.
I have around 4 in groups and out of 4 in groups 2 ingroup were common for all the agents and the other 2 in groups were assigned to only particular agents.

Once the call is terminated,in the real time screen the agent status is showing as CLOSER and also at the top it is displaying as
X calls waiting for agent
y agents waiting for call.

Thanks for the point you mentioned " callers are listening to the "message" and cannot transfer to an agent until the message has completed".
I will be looking into it and get back to you.
ivschakravarthi

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 pm

also verify that the calls that are "stuck" are in specific ingroups for which agents are available. obviously if the agents who are available cannot take the calls in queue ... those calls will wait until an appropriate agent becomes available. and all this information is available right there in the real time screen. :)

happy hunting!
williamconley

Postby ivschakravarthi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:09 am

Yes you are right .i have uploaded a music on hold file size of 45 seconds and it is creating the issue.
Now i have reduced it to 15 secs and wait time got reduced completely .
But still very rarely i see some of the agents going to closer state upto max 10 secs.
ivschakravarthi

Postby williamconley » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm

But still very rarely i see some of the agents going to closer state upto max 10 secs.
are you saying they are not closers? what makes you believe this is an error?
williamconley

Postby biancaruth » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:33 am

Hello,

I had the same problem. Reducing the on-hold prompt to less than 9 seconds resolved the problem. MOH could be of any length.
It is stated in the manual the on-hold prompt audio file MUST be 9 seconds or less.

Thanks
biancaruth

Postby lanerfy11 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:41 am

Hi Sir William,

Based on what you said below:

3) It is possible you have an overload situation (especially if you are on a virtual machine). But I've never heard of agents becoming closer instead of ready. On the other hand, you never mentioned if these were closers, so it could be simply that they are not allowed to receive the calls in queue or that many of these callers are listening to the "message" and cannot transfer to an agent until the message has completed. Many possibilities, requiring a more in-depth description. So: inbound or outbound calls? multiple ingroups? are the agents closers/fronters or just "READY" converted magically to "CLOSER" after terminating a call?

I would like to ask, what do you mean by "message"?

We are currently experiencing an issue where queue time of callers are displayed on the real-time report then after a few moments where there is no available agent to take the call, the caller and the queue time is gone from the real-time report screen, then after another few moments the call and it's queue time is displayed back but the queue time is not reset (still continuing). What may have cause this to happen?
lanerfy11

Postby udy786 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:59 am

Hi All,

I am facing same issue at one client side. Agent logged on and status showing Ready on admin page but Incoming calls going in queue. At no agent no queue, Customers getting message that no one is available to take your call but when agent doing login then call not to agent and its showing in queue.

I have repaired DB multiple and restarted server. Server load is really normal.

I am using 1.8.23.0-vici and vicidial 2.21. Installed on Centos 6.8 using Vicidial scratch installation.
Server Configuration:- 32 GB RAM and 12 Core CPU.
Load Average:- 0.02

Thanks
Uday.
udy786

Postby udy786 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:09 am

I got solution for this. I have included manually Ingroup transfer dialplan and its started working now. I have created my Ingroup name with same as my DID.

Code: Select all
[inbound]
exten => 123456789,1,Answer()
exten => 123456789,n,AGI(agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.agi,CIDLOOKUPRC-----LB-----123456789-----123456789-----Closer-----park----------999-----1-----Inbound)
exten => 123456789,n,Hangup

Thanks
Uday.
udy786

Return to General Discussion