Call menu press 1 AGI Do Not Call

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Call menu press 1 AGI Do Not Call

Postby btaveras » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Hey guys

I want to ask you if there is a AGI script that I can use when I have an inbound call if the caller press 1 it will go directly to my DNC list on the dialer.

Any sugestions??
Thanks

GoAutodial 2.1 Installer | VERSION: 2.4-309a | BUILD: 110430-1642 |1.4.39.1-vici |Dedicated Cloud Server | No other hardware
btaveras

Re: Call menu press 1 AGI Do Not Call

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:36 pm

You can configure press 1 to be status DNC right in the Survey modify screen. The status of each button pressed is configurable.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:37 pm

The first thing you should do it upgrade. Then this becomes an option:

Compliance with the new FCC outbound auto-dial calling abandon opt-out requirement within Vicidial

Earlier this year, the FCC(Federal Communications Commission) decided to get into the telemarketing sales regulation business that the FTC(Federal Trade Commission) had already been regulating for years. The FCC's new regulations are very similar to the existing FTC regulations, with a few minor differences. One of those differences is a new opt-out requirement for abandoned calls. An Abandoned call happens when the customer is not sent to a live agent within 2 seconds after the end of their greeting. For example: "Hello, this is Sam" <1 second>, <2 seconds>, ABANDON. If this happens in an outbound telemarketing campaign, the FTC now requires that you play a message and give the option for the customer to opt-out of future calls from your company through an IVR.

NOTE: For these instructions to work, you must be using Vicidial svn/trunk version 1871 or higher(committed November 10th, 2012). To check the version you are running, go to Admin -> System Settings and look at the "SVN Version" field(it is the second field on the page), if you do not see this field, you are running an older version without this feature and you should look into upgrading your system.

To set this up in Vicidial, create a new Call Menu(we'll call it "FTC_abandon")

Then we need to set your Campaign Detail option "Drop Action:" to CALLMENU, and the "Safe Harbor Call Menu" option to the call menu that you just created, "FTC_abandon".

Now we need to go back and configure the new FTC_abandon call menu that you just created.

The "Menu Prompt" field should contain the message that you want the customer to hear(and which will include the "press 1 if you don't want us to call you again" option)

Set a Call Menu "Option" to 1, then the "Route" to AGI.

The "AGI:" option will need to have something like this in it "cm_dnc.agi,DNC---YES------C---". The 5 options for the cm_dnc.agi script are detailed below:

1. Run as DNC status or NI status (Default=NI)
2. Insert into the vicidial_dnc table for DNC selections (Default=YES)
3. Campaign to take dnc settings from(overrides option 2)
4. Call menu option to send the call to after executing (Default=B)
5. If option 3 is used, search for lead in campaign lists or whole system(CAMP or SYS) (Default=SYS)

The last step is to add what happens after the customer presses 1 and is added to the DNC list. To do this, add an option "C", which we defined as the fifth option of the cm_dnc.agi script. If you would want to simply acknowledge the customer and hangup, then set the "Route" to HANGUP and the Audio File to US_thanks_no_contact or an audio file that you have recorded.

For more information on the FCC rule, go to http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/a ... A1_Rcd.pdf
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jrun » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:33 am

I decided to reply to this thread as opposed to starting a new one because it brings up a few questions for me..

First some background. I built a vicidial system about 15 months ago in an effort to get my employer to change from its current hosting service. They provide a good service at a cheap rate but they beta test there software on us costing us valuable production time. They dont tell us this but I can tell this is whats happening. We have both inhouse and virtual agents on our system. I think we may have roughly 120 seats with our provider. The virtual agents are like any kind of virtual agents you would expect but the inhouse agents use voice controlled software to talk to more than one lead at a time. After looking over vicidial features I can see that it would allow us to use the survey system in much of the same way our system currently does with the inhouse agents. Now I have not been able to get them to give me a shot in getting my dialer up on the production floor but seeing this dnc feature might let me get my foot in the door as a place to start and if it works try to move more and more of our system into play over time. Its my hope anyway. I can see huge advantages in using this system for our business needs and cut out the hosting service provider entirely..

Right now we handle dnc request by a person logging into the voicemail listening for dnc messages and entering them manually into the system. This is loads of man hours every day. We can point the vm to go to any number we like and I saw this was how I can bring my dialer into the fold. baby stepping it in the door.

I built the system from scratch using ubuntu hardy server LTS8.04 using the instructions found at the wiki (system wont let me link the page says it looks to spamy)

VICI:UbuntuInstall

Inside my admin pages I find this as the build
VERSION: 2.6-372a
BUILD: 120713-2123

I noticed Matt said that a newer version would be needed but I am unsure if mine is new enough if not then what is the upgrade path I should take to get a newer version to have this functionality? I have searched around and I am uncertain. Most of the upgrades deal with a redhat line not Debian. I could jump distros but I really dont want to. I have been using Debian brands for years and its what I am the most comfortable with..

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
jrun

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 am

The version you are using is over 15 months old. You would need to upgrade.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jrun » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:56 am

thanks for the quick response and the work you do and have done. I will look into what I need to do for the upgrade.
jrun

Postby sdj » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:55 pm

I'm sorry to be beating a dead horse here, but I was wondering.

What if we have an option, say number 7, on a call menu to add the caller to a DNC?

What do we have to do to play a message to them that they won't be called any more?

Do we need to route #7 to a CALLMENU and then change the audio prompt on it to confirmation and then set all of the options to the AGI or can we just route from the first CALLMENU straight to the agi and it'll play the confirmation?

Thank you
sdj

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:49 pm

There's actually a DNC agi script that returns control to the same call menu and executes another (specified) extension. It's quite common to have that script execute "C" and have C play the audio file and then hang up. Have a look in the asterisk agi-bin folder.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ageraldo6326 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 am

I would like to how can i pass a variable to a menu with AGI option, for example pass the phone number variable?
ageraldo6326

Return to General Discussion