Why is dropped percent calculated as such?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Why is dropped percent calculated as such?

Postby batanglanot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 am

Hi All,

I was just wondering on how the dropped percent is being computed for a certain campaign. For example, an inbound campaign receives X number of calls and out of those calls, Y calls were answered and Z calls were considered dropped. So why is it that the dropped percent is computed as Z/Y and not Z/X? Also, when does a call considered dropped? Are dropped calls those which were not answered by the agent and/or those that were dispositioned as DROP.

One of our clients asserted that the calculation for the dropped percent is "INCORRECT" so I'd like to ask some help in explaining to them why it's not incorrect and the underlying considerations for the said calculation. I've read several posts related to this but I still can't get the exact answer that I wanted. (or I was just not able to get it)

Please enlighten me. Thanks.

ViciBox Redux v.3.1.15 | Vicidial 2.4-357a Build 120125-2107 | Asterisk 1.4.39.2 | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation |Intel® Xeon® 5600
batanglanot

Re: Why is dropped percent calculated as such?

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:53 am

For inbound, you need to set all of the possible statuses that a campaign will use as Human Answered = Y. Otherwise it will be incorrect.

This is different from how outbound works which is where the drop % formula was focused as.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Why is dropped percent calculated as such?

Postby milan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:35 am

Hi, i am not quite sure myself, just looking into it, but it looks like the drop rate reflects the percentage of calls that went through and where answered by the other part, but there was no calling agent on the other side to manage the call at that moment. So it is not calculated by the number of total calls (Z in your example), which could be Answering machines, no answers and so on, but only by the number of calls that got to the other side and never came back (Y).
Hope this makes sense.
milan

Return to General Discussion