Check Number Exists

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Check Number Exists

Postby penfold15 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:06 am

Hi All,

Does asterisk have a way of checking if a number exists using voip and the return codes, without calling the number.

Is there a program available to do this??
penfold15

Re: Check Number Exists

Postby penfold15 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Bump. Can anyone help
penfold15

Postby DomeDan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:07 am

No, you need to make a call.
maybe you could do a 1 second timeout, but I would not recommend that, I think its illegal too

But there are companies making money on scrubbing other companies leads ^^
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby Michael_N » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:00 pm

yes a dialer.

one of the reasons for using a dialer is that it skips nonexisting numbers very quikly.
Michael_N

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:58 am

Michael_N wrote:yes a dialer.

one of the reasons for using a dialer is that it skips nonexisting numbers very quikly.

There is no method of skipping a nonexistent number quickly. Many Telcos take up to 45 seconds to generate "this number does not exist". During the wait time, the caller (dialer, cell phone, VOIP, no difference) will receive a ring-tone and/or associated signal based on the policy of the Telco. There is no way around this, dialer or not, without access to the Telco records.

Even paying someone to "wash" your list will always have an error margin because numbers change. But that can greatly reduce your "bad number" dialing.

Most localities/governments state a minimum ring time for making calls. In the US I believe it's 15 seconds. Don't quote me, though.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Michael_N » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:08 am

Here in sweden i get "number does not exist" at once if i call those numbers
Michael_N

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:29 am

Must be nice. NANPA (North America) rules apparently differ from civilized countries. LOL
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:39 am

Due to our deregulated long distance industry, there are no real enforced standards for anything related to telephony carrier services in the USA. Although, NANPA does strictly enforce 10-digit phone numbers that cannot have a 0 or 1 as the first or fourth digit.

Most European countries have heavy regulation or even monopolies that run their national telco systems. This allows for more consistency and better reliability, but most of those countries also have variable numbers of digits for different areas or based on the age of the local telco system, which makes some things more complicated in some cases. For example, Germany with a population of 80 million has up to 12 digit phone numbers, or 12,500 possible phone numbers for every person in the country.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion