Voice Broadcast for 100 agents

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Voice Broadcast for 100 agents

Postby gerski » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Hello Guys,

I have a client that needs Voice Broadcast (press1) that can accommodate 100 agents.. Im thinking of getting Newflies or ICT on voicebroadcast and only vicidial for agents but would take time to learn all the settings there.

Do you guys have any Idea how big the server I need? I've been planning to get SSD vs Raid10 SAS15k rpm hardisk.. can someone recommend me?

Here is the specs im thinking:

4 X Quad Processor Hex Core Nehalem EX 7540 - 2.00GHz - 4 x 18MB cache
32 GB DDR3 Registered 1066
400GB SSD
Centos 5 64 Bit

Is it ok to handle around 1000 channels or more? Is one server enough to handle everything? Vicidial + Asterisk + Web.. We will not transcode so we will be using ULAW.
http://www.perfectnetworkcorp.com
Perfect Network Corporation
gerski

Re: Voice Broadcast for 100 agents

Postby williamconley » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Um ... nope. You'll need a multi-server setup. Don't try to do it on a single server. My favorite client tried a 64 processor $10k monster server, and found it was not possible to use a system with a single front side bus to push that kind of data. More systems = more capacity. More processors = more stability, but your "return" peters off past 8 processors. Since there is still only ONE server. We generally only use 4 processor systems unless we're going past 50 agents on Live Agent campaigns.

You'll want a monster for your DB (bulletproof, SSD, RAID10, dual power supplies AND UPS) and perhaps two webs (for redundancy, failover, etc) and four dialers. Your best bet would be to get what you can, light it up, and see what the capacity is based on your usage. Then scale up as appropriate. I have it on good authority that the newer MariaDB (available in Vicibox 5.0) is quite useful for high capacity systems.

And you'll need a LOT of bandwidth (we're lucky, we've got fiber and lots of 'em so we can segregate fiber and avoid having clients annoy one another).

You may also want to look at leasing a system to begin the run and find out how well it works and invest in purchasing only if the campaign survives long enough to justify the expense. Although, if you're in the business this cluster will be VERY useful for any campaign in the future even if this particular campaign doesn't survive.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Voice Broadcast for 100 agents

Postby tick » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:53 pm

For a while I run a call center for 200 people in three offices connected via MPLS.Now I have:
2x MasterDB 2xQuadCore 2.83GHz 8xSAS 74GB RAID10 Raplication master-master MariaDB ViciBox 5.3
3x Agent and WWW server on Vicibox 5.3 6x750GB RAID10 2xQuadCore 2.83GHz 8GB RAM
6x Dialer server 2x4A101DE Sangoma E1 and SIP round-robin ViciBox 4.3 1.60GHz 2xSAS 74GB 8GB RAM
1x Server for recordings 2xQuadCore 2.83GHz 8x1000GB RAID10 ViciBox 12GB RAM 5.3
Replication and LoadBalancing works fine.
Agent/WWW servers one for each branch.Servers are also connected to separate networks.
Please send comments and what you have is important to note the problems.

Thanks Adam.
tick

Return to General Discussion