Multiple Campaigns / Filters per List

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Multiple Campaigns / Filters per List

Postby svemuri » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:29 am

We've been running an older version of ViciDial and it work great. Thanks mflorel!

Looking at the newer version, it appears that there are a lot features that users have been asking for. So, I am going to give it a try. However, one of the features users have been asking for (becuase other dialers like IAT, Mosaix etc have it) is being able to run different campaigns on the same list. Basically trying different strategies on the same list of accounts. I thought I can use filters for this. But the filters are tied to campaigns. And the relationship between Campaign and List is one to many. I may not be thinking right, but my feeling is that I need multiple campaigns per list with different filters and other creteria to achieve what my users want? Is there any other way to achieve this? Comments? Thoughts?

Thanks
Sarat.
svemuri

Postby mflorell » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:23 pm

Doing a many to many relationship of lists to campaigns runs into a lot of different programming issues that can cause all sorts of problems and tend to confuse a lot of users as I have seen in the past when doing this on other dialers.

One of the many problems is how do you prioritize the same list across multiple campaigns? Is it always the first campaign in alphabetical order that gets first crack at the list? And if not, then a whole new level of ranking complexity needs to be constructed and understood by users to be able to use the same lists.

What I have found to work better is to just break up the big list into multiple lists for each campaign, you can swap the lists from campaign to campaign if you like, and you still have the control over filters and campaigns that you want.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion