ATAs or Channelbank?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ATAs or Channelbank?

Postby Op3r » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:01 am

Im having this dilemma. I wanted to try using channelbanks but if I do Im going to buy a digium card or any e1 card. and the call center is only 20 seats. so I was thinking I can use ata because I can have them login to our inbound server and some can register with the outbound server.

now my question is, will the ATA can have the same audio quality as with a channel bank?
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:31 am

Using ATAs will have about the same audio quality as using ChannelBanks. I have use both in large call centers and the reason I usually recommend channelbanks is cost and maintenance.

With ATAs you have to configure every adapter, and every time one dies you need to configure another one and hook up it's wiring and power supply. With Channelbanks, you configure it once and it will not die(I've installed about 20 in production in the last two years and have not had one die yet, while I have had to replace dozens of dead ATAs) not to mention there is less cabling.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:08 am

Yeah but my main concern since this is a small call center is that in using a channel bank I have no choice but to just point it on 1 asterisk server. whereas with ata i can point it to any servers that I want.

but that really answered my question. about the same audio quality with ata and the channelbank
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Return to General Discussion