Need Help how to setup Switchvox 5.5 and Vicidial 5.0.3

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Need Help how to setup Switchvox 5.5 and Vicidial 5.0.3

Postby reaver26 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:30 am

For a Start im a newbie in handling asterisk and all about it.
Scenario:

Current Equipment on our DC as follows

- VMware ESXi Server
- SAN
- Switchvox for our telephone System [Will Handle Inbound and outbound]
- Vicidial Server 5.0.3 on Virtual

our internal network is behind Firewall Appliance on NAT

Sip Trunk Provider from US<----->Switchvox<------>vicidial [OUTBOUND SETUP]
DID Provider from US <------> Switchvox<------->[INBOUND SETUP]

Questions:
1. Is the Flow Setup good to go? any suggestions please
2. Is it ADVISABLE to setup Vicidial on as Virtual Server?

can anyone help me... brainstorm with me about this setup?
reaver26

Re: Need Help how to setup Switchvox 5.5 and Vicidial 5.0.3

Postby Arative » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:29 am

I had a similar setup for a while but I was using PRI's instead of sip. I have since put a pri card in the dialer and I am just dialing outbound directly through the dialer. Still use Switchvox for inbound.
The way I had it set up was that I had a carrier set up that registered with an extension on the switchvox device.
It worked out ok. Certainly the dialer could dial faster than the switchvox could handle. I had occasional issues where the dialer just wouldn't register with switchvox and I had to delete the extension in switchvox and recreate it to get the dialer to dial. This would happen at random and sometimes during the middle of a campaign.

I would recommend not dialing through switchvox if you can help it. I think overall you'll have a much better experience dialing direct from vicidial. Though I guess it depends on how many calls you are going to making with vicidial. When we first started using vicidial, we had 23 lines and were making 5000 calls a day through switchvox. Now we have 96 lines and are making 50000 calls a day directly from vicidial and in my opinion that's not something that switchvox could handle.

I'm not sure about virtual server. I think there have been posts on this board that there are issues with asterisk running virtual but that's probably something someone else could answer better than I could.
Arative

Re: Need Help how to setup Switchvox 5.5 and Vicidial 5.0.3

Postby striker » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:03 am

as switchvox as limitation in total simultaneous calls. like 75 concurrent calls max in software version, and other switchvox appliance is less than that.
wereas the vicidial dont have restriction in max calls.
if you have huge call volume then use trunk in vicidial and sip trunk to switcvox .
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Return to General Discussion