Human Spammers

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Human Spammers

Postby DomeDan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:13 am

Seen that the spammers got smarter and started to write about technical stuff to be able to get through the first posts to be able to write links.
Should we use the report button on these posts, would that help?

also, there is a method to prevent spam, its boring but I think it would be effective:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2091144&start=0 wrote:Fighting human spammers is difficult. Fortunately, if you are on phpBB 3.0.6 or higher,
you enable the "newly registered users" group and turn post moderation on for that group.
Then you can check posts before approving them.
The spammers would stop trying or... they would just copy an old post on the forum to make it look legitimate :/

after that the ideas I have is ip-addresses and user-agent string.
Is there any pattern with the ip-addresses used by these spammers?
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Re: Human Spammers

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:19 am

Thanks, we will look at doing an upgrade soon. No, there isn't any pattern to the IP addresses used for these human spammers.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby aleena » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:46 am

who do you call spammers, those who post links in their posts? i really dnt understand?can you please specify wot kind of stuff we can't post?
alex
aleena

Postby DomeDan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:10 am

No, when I say human spammers I mean people that are getting paid to advertise on forums.

Matt: Would it help to use the report button?
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:27 am

Yes, it would help to use the report button.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion