Front End Interface thats not web based

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Front End Interface thats not web based

Postby JaiKai » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:26 am

Hi All,

I'm currently developing a front end interface for vicidial for agents and managers and was wondering if anyone has done something similar.

So far I have two applications :

Server which communicates directly via tcp to the vidial database

Client which communicates to the custom server above.

I've got as far as creating the above and the agent can login via the client to show a basic form.

my server and client communicate using JSON to send commands back and forth and so far its working very quick.

Just need to work out what needs to be set session wise for a program to keep the agent logged in.

I also plan to build a sip application straight into the client so that only the one app will ever be needed.
JaiKai

Re: Front End Interface thats not web based

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:08 pm

About 8 years ago the Vicidial agent screen was a client/server program written in Perl/Tk. At this point the communication going back and forth for all processes for the agent involves around 100 distinct separate AJAX calls, all with many SQL queries executing. Recreating the agent interface should be possible, but it will take a lot of time to do so. There is no documentation other than the existing PHP agent code.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Front End Interface thats not web based

Postby JaiKai » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:39 am

the way i'm coding this is that all the clients connect via tcp sockets to a threaded server program and server hardware,

then that server communicates with vicidial rather than the agents, so all calls to the database are made by one system.
JaiKai

Return to General Discussion