Access to public SuseStudio appliances?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Access to public SuseStudio appliances?

Postby ccabrera » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:09 am

Just today I started to use SuseStudio.com services and I found them to be very complete and easy to use. I'm planning on build a custom Vicibox-type distro which includes some customizations we have done for the agent gui and also some other custom software (like recording search) we have created so far.

Since most of our customers use Sangoma cards I guess we are sticking with OpenSuse 12.1 (for now), but creating the required dependencies can take some time by going with the "trial and error" approach.

So I was wondering: is there any way yo get access to susestudio appliances for Vicibox, even if they are "old" versions (I'm talking about Vicibox 4.0.3) so that we know they've been already tested? I tried looking for Vicidial at the Suse Studio gallery but could not find any references.

Is there a way to get to these appliances to clone them and start from there?
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Re: Access to public SuseStudio appliances?

Postby williamconley » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Are you saying SuSE studio won't open the .iso image for 4.0.3?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Access to public SuseStudio appliances?

Postby ccabrera » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:04 pm

I just tried using Suse Studio and found out that you can make your appliance public, hence allowing anyone to clone and fork it. That's what I was looking for, but now that you mention it, it never ocurred to me to use the import function for the Kiwi/AutoYast file.

Now that I found that I have another question: is the file /studio/config.xml the one which I am supposed to import? Because that's the one Kiwi documentation points at, but alto the file /studio/manifesto.xml included in Vicibox 4.0.3 looks familiar (and bigger), so I'm a little confused on which one to use.

Any pointers?
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Return to General Discussion