email export calls report

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

email export calls report

Postby cbsys » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi we are running vicidial 2.7rc1 on centos 5 64-bit

we are trying to run AST_email_web_report.pl via the linux shell to email the export_calls_report as a csv attached to an email

However, we get the email, but its just a html screenshot of the export_calls_report page in vicidial admin rather than the csv file that report generates
We need the csv file its supposed to generate - I am using the following URL in the AST_email_web_report.pl , am I missing something??

$location = "http://127.0.0.1/vicidial/call_report_export.php?query_date=$begindate&end_date=$shipdate&list_id[]=--ALL--&status[]=--ALL--&campaign[]=--ALL--&run_export=1&ivr_export=NO&export_fields=STANDARD&header_row=YES&rec_fields=NONE&custom_fields=NO&call_notes=NO&SUBMIT=SUBMIT";
cbsys

Re: email export calls report

Postby williamconley » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:44 pm

First you say you are trying to run "AST_email_web_report.pl", but then you say the Location is "call_report_export.php" and you wonder why you get the html output from "call_report_export.php".

I think it is likely you are getting the output from "call_report_export.php" because that is the script you are running. Note that "AST_email_web_report.pl" is a perl script, not a web page. It cannot be "pulled" with wget or curl. It is meant to be run from the command line with "perl" (or bash, which will notice that it is a perl script and invoke perl to execute it ...).

To run it automatically (timed), you would place a line in crontab -e (similar to the many other lines already there ...), but test first directly on the command line to "perfect it" and then add the exact entry that you got to work in crontab -e.

To get it's options (at the command line in linux):
Code: Select all
perl /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_email_web_report.pl --help

To actually run it, the same line without the --help but WITH the other options listed.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby cbsys » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:25 am

I think you misunderstand
I am running AST_email_web_report.pl from the command line with the various date switches and email address as listed in the help

the perl script works fine and emails me various reports

within the script I can uncomment or comment out certain reports as I see fit for the ones I want to send
i.e. the lines starting with $location=

I have everthing commented out and $location= is set to the following:
$location = "http://127.0.0.1/vicidial/call_report_export.php?query_date=$begindate&end_date=$shipdate&list_id[]=--ALL--&status[]=--ALL--&campaign[]=--ALL--&run_export=1&ivr_export=NO&export_fields=STANDARD&header_row=YES&rec_fields=NONE&custom_fields=NO&call_notes=NO&SUBMIT=SUBMIT";

When I run the perl script I receive an email correctly
However instead of the results of the export calls report as a csv file (as you would get when you did it via the admin screen), I just get a screen shot of the export calls report screen as it would be shown before I pressed submit

I actually want AST_email_web_report.pl to send me the csv file of all calls made within a time frame, which I specify at the command line, e.g. --date=yesterday
cbsys

Postby DomeDan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:04 am

Never used AST_email_web_report.pl but its seams like its not meant to send csv files
# This script is designed to wget a web report and then email it as an attachment
# this script should be run from a vicidial web server.

I wrote a one-liner to email csv files automatically: http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... =2&t=29155
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby williamconley » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:25 am

In that case, as it is a script designed to pull a web page ... when YOU execute that url ... do you get the original page or the CSV result file?

don't assume, or "have a look", copy and paste the exact line (replacing those replaceable parameters) or better yet echo that statement with all those replaced already and copy/paste the result. I prefer testing things one baby step at a time until they work if I'm SURE they should already be working. Usually turns out to be something simple. 8-)
williamconley

Postby cbsys » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 pm

I have already done this, as I previously said, the csv file is NOT sent - I get the original html web page sent as an attachment instead

in other words, I get exactly the html page I would see if I went to the vicidial gui, admin, export calls report

I actually want the csv file
cbsys

Postby williamconley » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:37 pm

The $location variable should be set to the URL from when you receive the CSV, if you want the CSV to be sent. If there is a "download" link on the page, right click on it and copy its URL.
williamconley

Return to General Discussion