Blend inbound survey with outbound campaign

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Blend inbound survey with outbound campaign

Postby james1616 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Hello I'm new to vicidial so this might be an obvious question.

Is there a way to have a blended campaign so that agents can have a blend of incoming calls from a survey and still take outbound calls while they are waiting for survey calls to come in?
james1616

Re: Blend inbound survey with outbound campaign

Postby williamconley » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:02 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) This answer presumes you meant survey calls were in a Vicidial Campaign using the Survey tab and your agents are logged into that campaign. If that's not the case ... you'll need to elaborate. :)

Create a fake user for the survey campaign. Create a new Remote Agent using that new fake user. Set the number of lines to the agents you have online in the real campaign. (You can create a php script to modify this for you every minute in case it's a pain to change too often after a while.) Then set the campaign drop seconds to -1 and the drop action to Ingroup. Create a new ingroup to send these to, and make the priority 90 so they will get pushed up in line.

Then create a second campaign for those outbound regular calls and put all your agents in it, along with the inbound priority 90 calls from the survey. And you can also include a regular inbound group for actual inbound calls with a priority of 50 to land before regular outbounds but after the press one outbounds.

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Blend inbound survey with outbound campaign

Postby james1616 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Sorry for the long delay in my response!! Thank you very much for you input here, I will try it out. I will also be sure to enter all future posts in the correct format!
james1616

Return to General Discussion