XDial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

XDial

Postby farmerjim » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:41 am

Anyone know anything about this? http://www.xdial.co.uk/. It appears to be based on Vicidial but there's no downloads available and no mention of Vicidial anywhere.
Vicidial-redux 3.1.12 from iso | Asterisk 1.4.39.2-vici | Sangoma A101D | no additional software | VICIdial VERSION: 2.4-346a BUILD: 111102-1930
farmerjim

Re: XDial

Postby mflorell » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:19 am

I don't see anything that looks like Vicidial on there, and without any evidence we can't really confront them.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:40 am

1) Interestingly, our IP is blocked from viewing their site (are they blocking all US ... or just Florida ... or just ... US?).
2) Having a commercial site based on Vicidial is not a violation of the GPL as long as they give their clients access to the source code upon demand.
3) There is no evidence that this is based on Vicidial
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby DomeDan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 am

williamconley: I tried a US based proxy server and that one could access the site, so I guess its just your network.

I have no evidence to come with but there is a lot of similarities in just that one screenshot they got on their site.
the attached a image shows what I can connect to vicidial
* "Agent waiting for call", "Agent on call", "Agent on Pause" - is the same words used in both reports
* "waiting > 1 min, > 5 min", "on call > 10 sec, > 1 min, > 5 min", "pause > 10 sec, > 1 min, > 5 min", "3-way > 10 sec", "dead call"
- exactly the same groups used and and non are missing or added only the colors is changed (but color for 3-way, dead and pause is still the same, even the tones for pause is the same!).
* "DISPO, INCALL M, DEAD A, READY" - same statuses, uppercase and A/M for Auto dial or Manual Dial
* "MM:SS" - uses the same way to describe that the colum is minutes:seconds and uppercase here too
* "Agens logged in, Calls ringing, AVG" - same words used
* "campaign_id 100" - isn't that the default campaign_id in vicidial?

the most striking is the color code grouping and the agent status code

Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby mflorell » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:13 am

Very interesting. Well, if we can get one of their customers to share what the agent interface looks like it might be easier to confirm this. If it is then that customer could demand access to the source code and sue if it is not provided.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby chrismervyn20 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:45 am

Hi!
It can be done pretty easily Matt. If you want, I can book a demo with the company and record their presentation and share it with y'all. Let's see, I will do it by next week.
chrismervyn20

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:24 am

Domain name:
xdial.co.uk

Registrant:
darren church

Trading as:
darren church t/a networkliverpool

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
48/52 Penny Lane
Mossley Hill
liverpool
Merseyside
L18 1DG
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 25-Sep-2012

given the "IP" of the test server, a couple quick checks will determine "Vicidial under-the-hood"ness. :)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion