Incoming Call Notification (other than showing qeue)

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Incoming Call Notification (other than showing qeue)

Postby eroennig » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:35 am

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to have an additional notification for incoming calls that wait in qeue; i.e. a popup, or some kind of sound notification.
Has anyone done something similar?

Thank you
Goautodial 3.3 | Vicidial 2.7-401a Build 130508-2256 | Asterisk 1.8.23 | Single Server
eroennig

Re: Incoming Call Notification (other than showing qeue)

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:56 pm

does not sound like a present feature, of course ... but who would get this notification? under what circumstances?

admin looking at realtime? agent who is logged in?

should they get this when they are on another call, or when they are paused or ... what?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby eroennig » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Since the "calls in qeue" at the bottom of the page are easy to miss, especially when agents have more tasks than just waiting for a call, I'm looking for something like the attached picture... (yea, I know I'm not a Picasso lol)

Edit: Or maybe a "call ring" soundfile that's being played until the call is picked up? This would probably the easier solution, wouldn't it?

Goautodial 3.3 | Vicidial 2.7-401a Build 130508-2256 | Asterisk 1.8.23 | Single Server
eroennig

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Note that "on hook" agents have phones that ring when they receive a call ... if they answer it, the call it put into their Screen. If they wait beyond the time limit, the call rolls to the next agent. Perhaps you merely need OnHook agents?

Of course, you could pay someone to make this addition ... but I strongly suspect you'll be unhappy with the results.

Neither one is "easier", really. The problem with both is severe annoyance.

If you have a large quantity of agents already on calls and a new call comes in .. they should all stop what they are doing to "NOT" take this call? In the middle of another conversation? Or they should all hear continuous ring-tone on their speakers or headset until they answer a call they may not be planning to take?

The purpose of ingroups for vicidial is that if an agent is available to take a call, they should be in "Ready" state. Then when a call comes in, they hear the Bing in their headset. If they are NOT in ready state ... they should not be able to take this call.
williamconley

Postby eroennig » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Thank you, the "on hook" feature seems to be just what I need! However, when the agents are "on hook" the phone does not ring when logging into a campaign. Therefore the agents will not be able to make outbound calls AND be "on hook" for incoming calls at the same time, right?
eroennig

Postby eroennig » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Here's a different attempt...

Could I just move/change the position/size of the "call qeue" area? In which files can I find the information that would require editing?

Again, thank you for your help!
eroennig

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:44 pm

eroennig wrote:However, when the agents are "on hook" the phone does not ring when logging into a campaign. Therefore the agents will not be able to make outbound calls AND be "on hook" for incoming calls at the same time, right?

an interesting point. and very true. However, I'm not sure I understand the circumstances under which the same agent would be making outbound calls (which autopop into their sesssion because they are NOT on-hook) and at the same time be in need of On-Hook for inbound calls. I think this would more likely require some sort of "shift change" operation to signify that this agent is no longer making outbound calls and now will only be available if an inbound arrives. So have the agent register TWO phones. One on-hook and one regular. Same agent, same statistical view ... but on-hook when appropriate.

eroennig wrote:Could I just move/change the position/size of the "call qeue" area? In which files can I find the information that would require editing?

vicidial.php. Your agents log into this page, it is the page you want to edit. But I don't advise it, honestly. Do remember that changing this file will cause you to have to change it again each time you upgrade. Make a good DIFF of the file when you are done. And be aware that you should modify a COPY of the file and test it with agents logged into the copy before you modify the original in any way.
williamconley

Postby oshonubi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 am

Hello

Try this. Create two extensions on your sip phone. Say 201 and 211. Let the extension 210 be connected to vicidial and let 211 be the one that will ring, then go to your extensions.conf and create 211 to ring in the dial plan before it get to the vicidial script. Here is an example

exten => s,1, Answer
exten => s,n, Dial(SIP/211&SIP/212&SIP/213&SIP/214&SIP/215,3,to) // Let all the agents second extensions ring
exten => s,n, AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => s,n,AGI(agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.agi,CIDLOOKUP-----LB-----HCPs-------------------------101-----234) //Put in your configuration here
exten => s,n, Answer()
exten => s,n, Hangup

Hope this helps
Vicidial Scratch Install
Rocky Linux 9.2
PHP 8.0
Asterisk 16.17.0-vici
Dahdi 3.2
oshonubi

Return to General Discussion