Dual calls and auto-pausing

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dual calls and auto-pausing

Postby niebais » Thu May 15, 2014 10:49 am

I'm running VERSION: 2.8-431a
BUILD: 140314-1134 on Centos 6 64 bit.

We're running asterisk Asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici on the vicidial server.

We have a small setup, but we're experiencing a lot of issues with dual calls or auto-pausing of agents. I've been through the troubleshooting of time syncing the servers. I've verified all the timing on the system and even setup the asterisk box to time sync with the DB server.

I've been through all the time settings and made sure that everything is in the same time zone (-5). I reboot the servers every single night as well, but I'm still getting this issue.

I'm at a loss on how to fix this issue, but would appreciate any input on how I might go about troubleshooting it to find the core problem so I can solve it. Any ideas?
niebais

Re: Dual calls and auto-pausing

Postby mflorell » Thu May 15, 2014 2:48 pm

That's usually caused by overloaded systems or a poor network.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby niebais » Thu May 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Yeah, I did check the network, it is great. As for overloaded system, my monitoring load average never breaks .5. After a server reboot, it appears the system has corrected itself somehow now.
niebais

Postby niebais » Fri May 16, 2014 11:29 am

Yeah, that's what I was worried about, it started having problems again today. There's got to be some way to diagnose this.
niebais

Postby GaD » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Are your servers virtualized? Like Matt said, that is mostly overloaded net or system. What's the load on your servers when this happens. What is the ping delay between servers and between agent stations to servers when this is happening?
GaD

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Or ...

It would be entirely possible that this is two separate problems that are not related.

1) Dual calls have been reported by Agents pressing "enter"! (yep, just hitting enter, not kidding, search for it in these forums.) I'm not sure on which versions this bug has presented itself, but I have heard more than one report of it.

2) auto-pausing has been known to happen for at least a couple reasons: Shared logins, dropped packets between agent screen and vicidial server.

However: I note you did not post your installation method. Many people who install in ... odd ways, have ... odd problems. LOL. Please post your installation method with Version (and a link to the instructions used if not via an .iso image from goautodial or vicibox). And if it's virtual, try another .iso or less users.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby GaD » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Some hypervisors do a poor job at hypervising (??..., jaja, I think I just created a new word..., looks funny...). I've seen this behavior with Hyper-V from Microsoft. I've had the worst experience with it and, to me, its crap! ...sorry Microsoft supporters... I've come to find that the I/O may cause these problems when you are doing call recording. I've also seen lots of lost packages and high latency on ckeint servers (my Vicis, in this case) that are not so ...'populated..... Not so many agents are logged in, but I experience these types of error. I've used VMware, KVM, QEMU, Virtualbox to virtualize Vicis and they all work pretty well, but Hyper-V adds something to the equation that makes it very, VERY nasty to deal with. Hence my question of virtualization.

On other topics..., you might want to make sure that you are syncing time across all servers involved. I usually sync on of them to the world's NTP and the rest I sync to that internal server, make sure that a network hiccup to the Internet won't affect my timing.... Check DB load and ammount of sessions, make sure you're not reaching your limit. Check f your network latency is, at least, descent. You may not be loosing packages, but your latency (time it takes for a ping to 'return') will generate this problem as well.
GaD

Postby santhuarnold » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:45 am

Hi niebais,
Most of the time dual will happening due to below Reasons.

1. Due to High load average and High CPU utilization.
2. Due to high pacing Ratio.
3. some time its may be database issue, Repair your Database and reboot (http://uniquesupport24x7.blogspot.in/20 ... ew=sidebar)
4. As william said "Dual calls have been reported by Agents pressing "enter"". yes, its true i have experienced it.

For Auto pausing.
please check the setting in Campaign Details view. make sure "Agent Pause After Each Call" it should be N.

thanks
santhuarnold
ViciBox v.7.0.1| Asterisk 11.21.0-vici | VERSION: 2.12-546a | BUILD: 160328-0316
santhuarnold

Return to General Discussion