Asr

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Asr

Postby frank220 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:11 am

I am involved in a project to improve the answer/sieze ratio in uk callcenters using Vicidial
If you are using vicidial in the uk and would be interested in getting involved please reply to this posting
frank220

Re: Asr

Postby udy786 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:17 am

HI,

Did you got anything that can improve ASR?
udy786

Re: Asr

Postby williamconley » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:25 pm

1) Modify your system to allow a longer dial timeout. This can allow more calls to "fail" due to disconnection (some disconnect notices take a long time ... up to 45 seconds!). If your system does not wait long enough to hear the disconnect tones, the call will be dispositioned as a "No Answer Autodial" call and be available for the next round of dialing after the list is reset, instead of being ADC (Auto detected Disconnect Number). Removing the ADC from future call runs improves ASR.

This also requires turning on Enhanced Disconnect Logging in Admin->System Settings.

You must also verify that that disconnected phone numbers are actually being dispositioned as such. Different signalling from different carriers can confuse this (there are no rules or regulations, and industry standards vary by corporate policy). Testing is therefore required. Note that this signal may emanate from Your Carrier or may be "passed through" from the exchange of the invalid number. Thus ... check several areas to be sure.

2) Modify your vicidial Campaign settings to allow 8 calls per number max. If you have called someone eight times and have not yet had a sale ... perhaps it's time to stop. LOL (New setting, I think about a year old.)

3) Sangoma Netborder is professional (licensed, encumbered) AMD and Progress Detection software that can be somewhat expensive ... but testimony has shown that it is fairly good at its job. Must be installed in its own server (and becomes your carrier, actually, all calls must pass through it ... a single server can handle a huge call volume, though). Licenses are only used during RING, so you don't need as many licenses as you have channels. Unless you intend to have them all ringing at the same time some day. However: I do not believe it is possible to turn off AMD when using this product, which adds time to the answer of the call. Free trial is available, but you still must set up the server ... (I don't think we have a test server for this available, and it just occurred to me that we would probably get business by having one, LOL $25 for a two-day test on a single channel virtual server version would at least give an "idea" of functionality ... hm).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion