VICIDIAL QUEUES and CTI Message

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIDIAL QUEUES and CTI Message

Postby jbm_primas » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:49 am

Hi,

I am new to VICIDIAL and I have a project that reads Asterisk CTI messages. My problem is when the call sends to Inbound of VICIDIAL thru AGI (script below) I cannot see any CTI messages. Can you please help me understand why I cannot see CTI messages? Or why when it transfer to Inbound i cannot see a Queue message. Does VICIDIAL use Asterisk Queue?

here's my code.

exten => 1000,1,Answer
exten => 1000,n,AGI(agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.agi,CID-----LB-----1000-----1000-----Closer-----park----------898-----1)
exten => 1000,n,Hangup

thanks,
jbm_primas

Re: VICIDIAL QUEUES and CTI Message

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:49 am

Vicidial does NOT use Asterisk queues, they are too limiting and buggy so we wrote our own queueing engine that allows more features and multi-server capabilities.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jbm_primas » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:39 am

Thank u for the quick reply. How will i be able to see messages that VICIDIAL populates? I wasn't able to see what i can see on normal asterisk.

thanks,
jbm_primas

Postby jbm_primas » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 am

I am using asterisk dot n e t to see CTI messages? But once the call goes to INBOUND of VICIDIAL i can't see it. Any advise?
jbm_primas

Postby mflorell » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 pm

What exactly are you looking for? All of the useful information is stored in the MySQL database, so that's usually the best place to look.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jbm_primas » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 pm

Is there an API for VICIDIAL for me to see CTI messages?
jbm_primas

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:20 am

Vicidial does not export CTI messages, but it allows you to see all real-time data directly through the database, and there are several options for event based logging within the system for different types of events.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jbm_primas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:26 am

thanks for the reply. How will i see the event based logging? Is it on datbase also? Or does VICIDIAL has event based API that i can use?
jbm_primas

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 am

If you install QueueMetrics and enable the QM integration in System Settings, then you can get database-based event logging through it's queue_log table in a MySQL database that is completely separate from how Vicidial logs agent and call activity.

There are also flat file event logs that you can enable in the System Settings, "Enable Agent Transfer Logfile" and "Enable Agent Disposition Logfile"

In addition to all of that, there are the default Vicidial logs that exist in about a dozen tables in the database that all log various different things in Vicidial.

The live agent state is stored in the vicidial_live_agents table.

The live call state is stored in the vicidial_auto_calls table.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion