Hosted DNC Scrubbing

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Hosted DNC Scrubbing

Postby Kinghtflyer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:42 am

Hello team,

I know vicihost does not scrub leads, however I have an application that I use for premise based dialers.
It is written in Gambas and scrubs cvs or odt files prior to uploading into vicidial.
It also can tell when the 30days has elapsed and allows for scrubbing the lists already uploaded and if it finds a match dispositions as DNC.

I've been told absolutely no way could I ever be permitted a remote MYSQL connection for this purpose.
How pray does one scrub lists that have expired the 30day DNC requireement?

Hey I will gladly release the scrubber GPL.
Kinghtflyer

Re: Hosted DNC Scrubbing

Postby mflorell » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:51 pm

If you are on Vicihost with a dedicated database server, and you sign a release, we will allow you to remote MySQL in to your server.

We have a few other clients that simply scrub their lists using the lead_id from the Download List option and the non-agent API to update them in the system.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Kinghtflyer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks Matt,
I will email Stacey, for the blank release to give to the CEO to sign.
Kinghtflyer

Postby Kinghtflyer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:52 am

I mistakenly thought we had a dedicated server. I also have a need to access the mysql data to update the Call Center "ToteBoards" for the agent stats. If I can't have access to the MySQL data, can I put some php on the server? I know the CEO wants the same stuff I put into play in Houston at Trusted Senior Services and over at Golden Senior Advisors.
Kinghtflyer

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:53 am

We have put customer-written PHP on the web server a couple times before, but it must be reviewed by us and you have to pay for the time for us to review the code. Anything insecure or extremely resource intensive will not be allowed.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Kinghtflyer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:39 am

yeah, I figured. It is pretty intensive. I think the solution is on premise with database slave and hammer the slave for the agent's display boards.
what would the impact be if we put up our own mysql server slaved to our vicihost database? Would it be out of the question?
Kinghtflyer

Postby Kinghtflyer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:44 am

yeah, I am doing stuff like displaying some stats such as phones ringing, realtime photos of agents leading in sales, calls, xfers, and other events taking place on external CRMs.
Kinghtflyer

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:44 am

We have tried remote MySQL slave before, the problem is you need a really fast and big data connection for it to stay up to date because it sends a lot of data. Both times we tried it the clients' data connection couldn't handle it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Kinghtflyer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:54 am

yeah, I played around with remote slaves, but not to the extent of activity of a Vicidialer. I think the short term solution is to manually or automate some sort of export from vicidial reports, and update the status boards that way. It won't be as current as real-time but the operator/agents can see their efficiency and maybe instil motivation. We have dual ISP's both with a butt load of fiber width, but instead of a slave eating it up, it might makes since to move the dialer home, perhaps in a month or two.
Kinghtflyer

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:05 pm

We do have a client that uses the non-agent API to grab agent status. That could be an option for you,

user_group_status - real-time status of one or more user groups
in_group_status - real-time status of one or more in groups
agent_status - real-time status of one user

http://www.vicidial.org/docs/NON-AGENT_API.txt
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion