Hello !!

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Hello !!

Postby IlusionIp » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:06 pm

Hello everyone.

First of all i want to say THANK YOU for the egzistenc of this forum that helps and improves our knowledge about ViciDial.
I am new to ViciDial and also knew to this forum and i`m willing to share all of mine issues in my daily work.

As for the beginning i want to understand how this system works , meaning the block schema of vicidial , vicibox, aster x, servers(two server included), DB ,VoIP ,ipcop, Providers and so.
On the last days i had some problems with the VoIP on load , so i checked my VoIP connection with PuTTY and it was almost 100% , so i called my providers and than they stabilized it.Also one day i got no connection from my voip providers and so they changed the IP and i did the same in here, and the strange part was that my first server was fine and connected and at the second server not. The problem was that the operators were receiving calls but the customers were not able to listen them. and the problem was on the declaration of the new Ip of VoIP in putty with the route add gw command.

Anyways, mostly my concern is on whey does the headsets configuration changes after passing some hours of work.( smth like the operators start not hearing the customer and the oposite. )

I will appreciate everyone`s response about my problems , and as for the end i need to say sorry to all about my low knowledge but as i mentioned before i`m new on this.

In here i will post the correct information of my system :

VICIDIAL -- VERSION: 2.8-424a BUILD: 140126-2253

Asterix --- 1.8.29.0

Server 1 --- HP xw 6600 workstation
Server 2 --- HP Z400 workstation

Campaign -- OutBound

Router --- IPCOP v2.1.5 installed and build on PC ( IBM ThickCenter )

With Respect Lion Prime
IlusionIp

Re: Hello !!

Postby DomeDan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:45 am

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

about the headset problem, does this happen to all agents? or just a few computers?
it sounds like faulty computers.

about the other problem, what is 'almost 100%' you mentioned?
connect to asterisk and look at the output when you're having a problem, look for error messages
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Re: Hello !!

Postby IlusionIp » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 am

Thank you DomeDan for the response.About the pc i am aware that they are old ones like( ibm thikcenter M52,optilex 745 & 380) but my concern is that i have two different campaigns. The first one is with mix operating system ( xUbuntu and Windows) and in here i`m having problems with the headset`s , most likely with microphone and speakers , and as for the second campaign they are all on xUbuntu and in here strangely i`m having 0 problem. So my curiosity and my ignorance in this field make me wonder if there might be any problem in the system since the two campaign are on different server`s.
The question i want to ask now is that if i change the operating system to my first campaign on all comp`s to xUbuntu , will it fix the headset problem ( mostly the problem is on the sound configuration that keeps changing by itself since i doubt the operators do change them)?
This is for the headset`s part.

As for the Bloch Schema part , i wanted to know more the way this hole system works , but since i`m working daily in this i`m starting to understand the way it run`s.
Now the question i want to ask is not related to the ViciDial but still i`m doing it since its bothering me to much . We are using IPCop and it is set from the previous IT to be rebooted daily , but the problem is that it reboots but it wont start running automatically if i don't press F1 .

VICIDIAL -- VERSION: 2.8-424a BUILD: 140126-2253
Asterix --- 1.8.29.0
Server 1 --- HP xw 6600 workstation
Server 2 --- HP Z400 workstation
Campaign -- OutBound
Router --- IPCOP v2.1.5 installed and build on PC ( IBM ThickCenter )

With Respect Lion Prime !
IlusionIp

Return to General Discussion