Help getting started

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Help getting started

Postby awends86 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Newb here. I am interested in the option of using the Vicidialer instead of something like Five9. I don't think I have the time to setup and host my own so I am looking at the best options for a hosted solution. I will have 2 agents dialing about 20-25 hours per week each for a total of 40-50 hours per week. I have heard that the dialer does not work well with only 2 agents, is this correct?

So far I have looked at etollfree, they quoted $99 per month for hosting, $99 setup fee and 1.2 cents per minute. What else is out there?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
awends86

Re: Help getting started

Postby mflorell » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:39 pm

etollfree and goautodial are the least expensive options for hosted vicidial out there.

Vicihost is more expensive at $400/month, but you get your own dedicated server hardware for that, and no long term contracts. We also offer TCPA-compliant cellphone filtering, Agent Audio Soundboards and several other unique features.

http://www.vicihost.com
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby awends86 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. Does having only 1 or 2 agents using the dialer affect performance?
awends86

Postby mflorell » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 pm

If you only have one or two agents you could put it on almost anything. But, on shared hardware or virtual hardware that is heavily utilized you can still have problems with resource allocation which could lead to audio problems or delays in execution of commands.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion