Best VICIdial distro for inbound call center???

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Best VICIdial distro for inbound call center???

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:43 am

Hello, looking to start an inbound "message center" from scratch. Basically have customers forward there business number to one of my DID's so I can take a message for their business. I have some experience with proprietary message platforms, but I'm looking to do this on my own cheaper and better. I want something with configureable forms to create messages the operators can fill out. Fields like: Name, Address Phone Number, and then a box for a brief message.

Thanks!
Steve

Re: Best VICIdial distro for inbound call center???

Postby bobchaos » Fri May 01, 2015 5:24 pm

That's all built in to Vicidial itself, independent of distro. You just have to pick your favorite! For you're first install, I'd recommend doing a scratch install on your favorite Linux distro as it's a great way to learn. If you're in a hurry, I usually go for Vicibox, the installer supported by the Vicidial group. It's based on OpenSuSe, which I'm not a big fan of, but it comes with all the goodies pre-installed, a great configuration tool and it can setup clusters for you real easy. There's plenty of other distros out there and I honestly haven't tried any of the others so you may want to wait for a few more answers but ultimately it will probably boils down to: Which is your preferred Linux distro?
bobchaos

Return to General Discussion