Call to email

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Call to email

Postby ClearCall » Sat May 02, 2015 2:04 am

I currently have mailto links in my scripts so that agents can generate an email with information like name, phone, etc gathered on a call. After refreshing the script, they click the link and a new Outlook email message opens with the receiver, subject and body. The agent then needs to specify which email account to send the email from. They can then return to the vicidial agent interface and hang up and disposition the call.

While this is working, it means I have to have Outlook installed and all email accounts created on every computer. It also means looking for a particular sent email involves either going from computer to computer or finding someone that has the passwords to all the accounts to log in to them online. When an agent sends an email from the 'wrong' account this becomes more of a challenge.

I have one email in group set up and working and could add more. Is there a way for me create these emails using the vicidial email interface instead?
VERSION: 2.14-620a BUILD: 170623-2142
Asterisk: 1.8.32.0-vici
Installed from Vicibox iso.
Vicibox Redux Ver 6.0.2-140825
Open Suse Leap 42.3
ClearCall

Re: Call to email

Postby mflorell » Sat May 02, 2015 4:57 am

The vicidial email interface is currently for inbound email handling and responses to those inbound emails only. I'm sure we could add functionality like you describe, but it would not be trivial to add.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Call to email

Postby ClearCall » Sat May 02, 2015 9:34 am

OK thanks.
ClearCall

Return to General Discussion