Transfer a Ringing call

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Transfer a Ringing call

Postby dgroth02 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello!
Question for the Group. I cannot transfer calls until they go "Live" but both manual dialed and manual calls don't go "live" until someone answers. And yes, the answer to your question before you ask it is I need to transfer ringing calls to an outside system.

David
dgroth02

Re: Transfer a Ringing call

Postby dgroth02 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:36 pm

And I couldn't post the complete question because I am a new user:

I am currently using:

VERSION: 2.12-480a
BUILD: 150404-0932
dgroth02

Postby mflorell » Thu May 07, 2015 5:18 am

In Asterisk, dialed calls don't get their resolved channel pointer until after they are Answered. That will cause a problem for you if you want to transfer that call before it is answered.

The only solution I could recommend is to send calls through a loopback IAX trunk that will immediately answer the call as soon as it's placed, then you can transfer the IAX channel. This will of course use more resources on your system, but it's pretty much the only way to do what you want to do.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby dgroth02 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:40 pm

I thought of that...And I accidentally had it working - but now it won't signal ringback...The dialplan dials the IAX trunk, then answers the call, then places the outbound call to the customer.

Can you tell me at which places might need to have the call_log option and which part of the dial plan would need to have "Answer()" I'm beating my head against the wall here....
dgroth02

Postby mflorell » Fri May 08, 2015 5:36 am

The call_log option has to be in the loopback portion and can't be in the Dialing portion.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion