What is the CAMPAIGN, INBOUND group and DID?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

What is the CAMPAIGN, INBOUND group and DID?

Postby jayudhandha » Thu May 07, 2015 1:25 am

Hello all,

I am new in vicidial so kindly help in my silly questions. I cant able to understand the actual meaning of campaign, what is the function of it, what is the meaning of inbound group, what is the meaning of adding DID in inbound?

Please reply.

Regards,
Jayesh Dhandha
jayudhandha

Re: What is the CAMPAIGN, INBOUND group and DID?

Postby ClearCall » Thu May 07, 2015 6:29 pm

The campaign section handles the outbound dialing. You have to have at least 1 campaign set up even if you are not planning to do any outbound dialing.

The in_group section handles incoming calls. You do not have to have any set up but I don't know of anyone that doesn't use these. A campaign can be set to allow incoming calls from 1 in_group, many in_groups or no in_groups depending on your needs.

The DID is where you specify the phone number or extension that you will be receiving calls for.

All of these presume you have a phone carrier set up if you will be making or receiving calls. The help sections in Vicidial are very good. If you go to Add any of these there are little question marks next to each field that will tell you what it is.
ClearCall

Re: What is the CAMPAIGN, INBOUND group and DID?

Postby jayudhandha » Fri May 08, 2015 1:53 am

Thank you so much. :-)
jayudhandha

Return to General Discussion