Speed for dialer

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Speed for dialer

Postby rtoyota1 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:48 am

My question is say I have 20 users logged into dialer with 3 different campaigns running. 10 of those people are on pause. Does it effect the speed of the dialer itself, of how many calls are being placed and how efficient the dialer runs?
rtoyota1

Re: Speed for dialer

Postby bobchaos » Tue May 12, 2015 4:12 pm

yes and no, depends how you configure it. The user manual contains all the information you need to control those parameters so that you get a result that works for your campaign.

For example, you could tell the dialer to play "dumb", and just dial for currently available agents. Or you could make it be "smart" and slow down or pick up the pace based on it's current success at establishing live calls.

Mind you, efficiency of predictive dialers increases with more agents. if you only have 10 guys and you run in predictive mode, the system won't have much of a margin of error, meaning sub-optimal performance as the dialer will be "scared" of pushing past it's drop limit. It will still work mind you, I've ran predictive campaigns with 5 agents, you just need to keep a closer eye on things when you do.

*Edit* to more directly answer your question, yes, agents on PAUSE will in most circumstances cause the dialer to slow down, as the number of available agents is one of the more important values in it's calculation of how many lines it should dial at once. Ratio mode actually uses pretty much only that for calculations: number of available agents * ratio = number of lines to dial
bobchaos

Return to General Discussion